Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice result !
Yes SMBIOS MacPro 7,1 seems much better.

I'm very happy and your workspace with yours 3 27 inch Apple monitors is impressive, I see you have the blackmagic mini 4k : it is the URSA I mean ?

So you have everything in your hands to do your job and enjoy !

As i sugested before in a post, did you adjust you CPU settings in bios as per as the guide :
Try to adjust your CPU in bios like this ;
i.) "ASUS MultiCore Enhancement" set to "Auto"
ii.) "CPU Core Ratio" set to "Sync All Cores"
iii.) "AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset" set to "3"
iv.) "AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset" set to "2"

Thanks a lot for your help, @Loloflatsix you're a hero!

All of the Bios points I-IV are adjusted accordingly as per your listing.
If there's anything you can think of adjusting the GPU better to hit better scores please let me know.

The 2 monitors are 27 Apple Cinema display's, the monitor on the right is a 4k - 27inch Liliput multi-input with SDI, HDMI etc, can do amazing things like quad split for on set as well and it comes with a silver heavy-duty case and V Lock mount.

The Blackmagic is a mini-monitor 4k with HDMI and SDI output only. I Always like having an SDI link, hopefully Avid will be supported for Catalina soon as well :))

Wanted to thank everyone for their help with that last issue. Phew no clue what happened, but I resolved it.

Changed my thumb drive, re-installed Catalina from scratch on it. Re-copied my EFI folder to the EFI section on it. Not sure if I had something faulty or what. But installed within 10 mins after.

My only last remaining issue (that I see) is I don't have sleep now with the RX580. I even used the SSDT posted above (which I thought resolved sleep). I oddly enough had sleep using the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS, not with the iMacPro1,1

I'm using the latest version of OC and all updated kexts on a vanilla solution. So in case anyone wants to dabble with my EFI, I'll be happy to upload it (once it's fully finalized) for others to use.

Wanted to thank everyone for their help with that last issue. Phew no clue what happened, but I resolved it.

Changed my thumb drive, re-installed Catalina from scratch on it. Re-copied my EFI folder to the EFI section on it. Not sure if I had something faulty or what. But installed within 10 mins after.

My only last remaining issue (that I see) is I don't have sleep now with the RX580. I even used the SSDT posted above (which I thought resolved sleep). I oddly enough had sleep using the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS, not with the iMacPro1,1

I'm using the latest version of OC and all updated kexts on a vanilla solution. So in case anyone wants to dabble with my EFI, I'll be happy to upload it (once it's fully finalized) for others to use.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would provide your Bios settings, I have the same motherboard as you and I am not getting past the boot picker. I'm using 0.5.6 Open Core.

I am using BIOS v. 2002, should I go back to an earlier version?

Last edited:
Hey guys, is there a way on how to deal with MacPro 7,1 PCI cosmetics in "About This Mac" ?

hi guys. for those with Asus sage 10, which driver are you using for ethernet with Catalina? I can't find the right one. thank you

Unfortunately I can't PM .. but does anyone have a working OC EFI for Asus x299 Deluxe/9980xe or 10980xe ?

Spent nearly two days trying to get this to work and now stuck on the famous apfs_module_start even though have tried multiple generated and standard ECs.

Unfortunately I can't PM .. but does anyone have a working OC EFI for Asus x299 Deluxe/9980xe or 10980xe ?

Spent nearly two days trying to get this to work and now stuck on the famous apfs_module_start even though have tried multiple generated and standard ECs.
Do not use the last Bios. the one before then the magic will be happend..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back