Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, @Loloflatsix. A question, for the patch of USBs as you have done, they work for me to update but some USB 3 works like 2.
I have a 5700xt should I use WEG? Should I change the SMBIOS to 7.1?
Thanks.
I keep my kexts and my High Sierra SSDTs, minus that of my previous graphic Nvidia.

What kind of monitor is that? Any issues with ultra wide monitors with Hackintosh ?

It's the LG 5K2K Display.
It works wonderfully with no problems.

I am building a config with the same mobo, but it crash when I am in the bootloader and when it restart I have the "Boot Failure" message in the BIOS. Do you have any idea ?
Well, that's basically after you attach a drive or USB to it.. If you load the OS from a NVMe drive then clover boots fine, but for some reason it crashes every time there is something attach via USB.

You have to just configure BIOS, attach a drive with an OS inside and let it boot, shortly after you'll get the damn Thunderbolt message I get. I'm going nuts about this too and I don't know how to make it work as far as I have got

Now they do.

There's something wrong with these boards, you have to flash the BIOS a few times (2-3 max) to get the BIOS working properly.

2001 BIOS was bad, though.
2002 is fine.
2001 was pulled. Never installed.
1201 was fine and fine and fine.
2002 I don't know but on 1201 really not an issue.

Well, that's basically after you attach a drive or USB to it.. If you load the OS from a NVMe drive then clover boots fine, but for some reason it crashes every time there is something attach via USB.

You have to just configure BIOS, attach a drive with an OS inside and let it boot, shortly after you'll get the damn Thunderbolt message I get. I'm going nuts about this too and I don't know how to make it work as far as I have got

Are you stuck at the 'Thunderbolt runtime power' line ?

Hey guys.

I tried SMBIOS MacPro7,1 today. Everything runs very well except system will pop-up memory error warning while login.

Memory Modules Misconfigured

I am using OpenCore. Anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Are you stuck at the 'Thunderbolt runtime power' line ?
That one! I have tried disabling TB and nothing changes.. Weird as hell..

Hello @Loloflatsix. A question, for the patch of USBs as you have done, they work for me to update but some USB 3 works like 2.
I have a 5700 XT. Should I use WEG? Should I change the SMBIOS to 7.1?
Thanks.
I keep my kexts and my High Sierra SSDTs, minus that of my previous graphic Nvidia.
YES!
Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 17.28.02.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back