Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to format the USB flash drive as MBR (FAT32) with Disk Utility and then put the WSXTG.CAP file in the root. It works for me every time. It only doesn't work when I forget and use GUID to format the USB flash drive.

I went from 2001 to 2002 and I was not getting a video signal, then I realized once I got into the BIOS that even after clearing CMOS and applying my pre-saved .CMO file from my USB stick, the Above 4G (AUTO option) was disabled. Enabling that solved all my issues.

Honestly updating BIOS in general is not worth it at all. The only reason I personally do it because I am sick in the head and want it to be the latest. The SAGE10 notes did not say if they updated the microcode for the 10xx CPU line, so not sure what they improved. 1201 was really stable maybe stick to that?

When I don't touch the technical side of a Hackintosh for a few months, I always forget how to troubleshoot haha...

Regardless of all this, you might have a bad mobo. I know I did with the Prime Deluxe II, Designare EX and another Prime Deluxe II. Basically this is my 4th X299 board and I'm pretty happy with it *knock on wood*....but I may end up like @djlild7hina and just sell this whole system and get a Mac Pro when it comes out and just build a SFFPC for gaming.

I'm getting really tired of "troubleshooting" even though I really love this system and it's capabilities.
Troubleshooting with a Sage? They run perfect.

Hello Guys.
Just to know. Im a more or less happy user of a X299 Asus Prime X299 Deluxe.

Im always helping friends to make hackintosh.
One friend of mine want to create a new x299 build, but in Europe seems to be discontinued the 7000X and 9000X series.
the new 10900X seems to be the new processors that comes.

The latests bios from Asus x299 Mobos, and X299X seems to have implementation to 10000X series.

Could you help me with info about the state of hackintoshing at these days these processors family?

I have been trying to search some info but seems so recently.

As I read before, seems to be only compatible with Catalina?

"Unknown" native processor recognition? Needs spoofing?
What about stability?

Thanks in advice guys!!
:headbang::headbang:

Hi! Are you using MacPro7,1 SMBios right? Is it working well? Did you make any mod to let it work fine? Any hint? Thanks.

I am a video editor
I mostly do weddings
I work on this Hackintosh 18 hours a day

Copies hundreds of gigabytes a day
Transcode to ProRes files for 8-10 hours of video footage
Edit the video including effects and color
And also exports 4 hour movies (sometimes 3 movies a day)

So I can tell you that everything works smoothly
Completely identical to iMac Pro smBios
But works smooth!

I did nothing more than change the clover

I am a video editor
I mostly do weddings
I work on this Hackintosh 18 hours a day

Copies hundreds of gigabytes a day
Transcode to ProRes files for 8-10 hours of video footage
Edit the video including effects and color
And also exports 4 hour movies (sometimes 3 movies a day)

So I can tell you that everything works smoothly
Completely identical to iMac Pro smBios
But works smooth!

I did nothing more than change the clover
What about PCI names also same? Can you do a screenshot? I'd like to see the new ports tab :)

What about PCI names also same? Can you do a screenshot? I'd like to see the new ports tab :)
Most likely the same, ACPI properties won't change just because an SMBIOS (being as aesthetic as that is) change.

Most likely the same, ACPI properties won't change just because an SMBIOS (being as aesthetic as that is) change.
awesome, first thing to try on the weekend!

awesome, first thing to try on the weekend!
Try updating to 10.15.2 prior to update, you could get the error "this device is not supported in this platform" at boot (which can be bypassed with -no_compat_check argument in boot section of .plist)

Good luck

Try updating to 10.15.2 prior to update, you could get the error "this device is not supported in this platform" at boot (which can be bypassed with -no_compat_check argument in boot section of .plist)

Good luck
got it, thanks for the hint

Wonderful, so we just need to change the SMBIOS in Clover and generate new serial and SMUUID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back