Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS Vivobook S200 / X202 (Is it good?)

thanks harry253, looking forward to this. =D

Here is version 1942 clover: http://sdrv.ms/153LWdo
Let me know if you can't download it.
Again this is for system with HD4000.
I'll work on a new guide.
With the new guide you can have USB3 slot working during installation.
So there is no need to disable it.

Hi guys,

Greetings, this is my first post in the forums! I would like to start off by thanking everyone on here for all the useful information I've already gleaned from these forums and this thread in particular. I just bought myself a refurbished x202e, and after some extensive searching I'm wondering if someone can help me with a few questions I can't seem to find the answers to:

1. Is there a wifi/bluetooth card with bluetooth 4.0 that anyone can recommend?

2. Is bluetooth usable without an adaptor?

2. Does anyone have the touch screen working and the trackpad accepting two finger scrolling?

Sorry if any/all of these questions have already been answered; I'm very new to the forums and was unable to find concrete answers. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
ThePicardManeuver

1. combo half mini pci card with bluetooth 4.0 and work for hackintosh?
I am not really sure, I haven't been able to find one. Maybe someone knows?
I only have bluetooth 2.1 card.
2. Yes, bluetooth will work if you replace the stock card with a OS X supported one.
3. Yes, touch screen works, and two fingers scrolling works. 4 fingers also works too (use to close window) for V4 trackpad version.

hi guys;
i have question before i start doing updates in my hackintosh.
does anyway tried to install this updates? please see the attached file

View attachment 62918
im worry that if i install this update it might crash my OSX preferably the efi updates.
please confirm if this updates is safe to install.

thanks!!

Note that your laptop is not a real Macbook air.
So there is no need to do any update for most of them except the security one.
Usually I disable check for update before I install wifi kext because I hate the red number on the Appstore when it shows up :).
However, you can update them all without any harm as I know. But still backup your stuff first just in case.
The EFI firmware and thunderbolt will still show up in the app store update after updated. So it doesn't matter if you update them or not.

Thanks harry! I just came across the atheros ar5b225 wifi card with bluetooth 4.0, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with the x202e/s200e or OSX. If anyone has had success or failure with this card, any information on it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
ThePicardManeuver

@harry253

Thank you for the quick reply. I updated my post above a little while ago, since I was using the wrong driver version. The clicking of the touchpad is working now. It is a little wonky sometimes, but I think it is usable.

=== No Batteries Available ===

Now for some reason my battery icon has an "X" through it and says "No Batteries Available". :(

I tried deleting the VoodooBattery.kext and reinstalling it, but that didn't seem to fix the problem.

Thanks again for all the info and feedback on how to get this system working with OS X.

UPDATE 07/30/2013 - Removed the VoodooBattery.kext and installed the RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver instead and now my battery status is working again.

did anyone get ALC269 audio kext to work? I was hoping to use ALC 269 instead of Voodoo Audio

=== Generate P-States and C-States ===

Has anyone looked into the P-States and C-States and using the generator that comes with Clover to enable these?

I noticed in Post #112 that aerun62 mentions something about them and using VoodooPState and PStateMenu, but I am not sure if this is needed.

I installed HWMonitor from MultiBeast along with the "Plugins" and latest FakeSCM and I can see my CPU speed jumping from 792MHz to 1.683GHz, but there are no numbers in between.

Should I be seeing additional speeds from the CPU in between these two numbers?

The instructions for VoodooPState mentions that you need to add the following code to your "com.apple.Boot.plist", but I don't think we have this file when using Clover.

I noticed that in the Clover v.2 Instructions they have a section called "Instructions for P- and C-states generator" that talks about adding them to the Clover EFI "config.plist" file. It mentioned that you need to have a "Processor" section in your DSDT, but do we have or need this?

I tried adding the "config.plist" code mentioned in the Clover v.2 Instructions, but it didn't seem to change my CPU speeds under HWMonitor after rebooting.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get P-States and C-States working properly with the ASUS VivoBook S200E?

The new guide is up at the other thread for 10.8.4 with new clover version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back