Contribute
Register

ASUS Vivobook S200 / X202

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS Vivobook S200 / X202 (Is it good?)

=== Generate P-States and C-States ===

Has anyone looked into the P-States and C-States and using the generator that comes with Clover to enable these?

The instructions for VoodooPState mentions that you need to add the following code to your "com.apple.Boot.plist", but I don't think we have this file when using Clover.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get P-States and C-States working properly with the ASUS VivoBook S200E?

Try to update your Clover to 1942, harry uploaded a new customize version with P-State and C-State Enabled. I tested it, it was working like a charm for me.

I'm not sure how I managed this, but I just scored an x202e on eBay for $242. :D I intend to triple boot it, I'll let you guys know how that goes.

I buy a x202E for $300 usd 2 days ago, so i will try to make hackintosh ML on it.

so i will add more information about any issue and final solution / test / review.

Hey fellas, I have the X202e and ran into a bit of a snag installing ML 10.8 using Clover.

I get up to the Apple install screen where you select 'repair, new install, etc.', but the touchpad won't drive the cursor around the screen. I can use the tab keys to select one of the options, but I figured I better get the touchpad working before I get much further.

The install guide on clover mentions selecting the option for "without caches" to allow the keyboard and touchpad to work properly. When I choose this option, the touchpad still doesn't work, although I do get a rather colorful spinning ball :beachball: that never goes away :banghead:

Ideas? Advice?

i have the vivobook x202e and I use this boot flag...

DSDT=sodOff -s npci=0x3000
this will give me to a bash input mode were i can write something... the keyboard of the laptop not work but if I use a external usb keyboard, it works..

then i write "exit" and it continues reading more files but it freez on the next test

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :Start - WaitForService(resourceMatching(AppleInterlCPUPowerManagement) timed out , DSMOS has arrived error
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] --competed

also I use graphicsenabler=no and graphicsmode=640x480x16 and not work.

photo 4.jpg

Clonick,

I was able to get the touchpad working during the install (see kexts that were used below)

I ran into a problem after rebooting (after the install). For some reason the kernel panics, but I haven't figured out how to capture the clover log files (screen updates too quick to read or photograph) so that I can see what's causing the panic. Still working on getting this fixed.

I am about to buy a Vivobook s400. I am currently using my daughter's s400 running Ubuntu daily build 13.04 as it enables the Ethernet port. ( running off USB stick ).

I'd like to dual boot Ubuntu 13.04 and OSX 10.6.5 ( as I have 10.6.5 working on my Compaq 6820s laptop ). I have no use for Win 8 and assume I can just reformat the hard drive.

Do you think I will be able to get Snow Leopard running on the s400 ? I'd rather SL than ML.

Thanks

Can you tell me how to install OSX on Compaq 6820s?

Someone set up the F keys F1 to F12?
On my keyboard can not increase or decrease the volume in the F11 and F12 keys.
I'm using ApplePS2Controler and ApplePS2Elantouchpad.
My touchpad works with multitouch.

Got any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back