Contribute
Register

ASUS Vivobook S200 / X202

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS Vivobook S200 / X202 (Is it good?)

"I was able to boot directly from my UniBeast USB drive into the installer without having to use the Clover USB drive. I created the UniBeast USB drive using OS X 10.8.4 and I chose the "Laptop Support" option when creating it."

cnc137:
i was able to boot direct from usb but it simply reboots back to asus logo when the apple logo appears.
did you use bootflags?

i have the asus s400ca.

one more thing - 10.8.2 wont boot at all instead i get this:
boot 0: done
boot 1: error

but what boots for me is 10.7.4 usb installer.

one more thing - 10.8.2 wont boot at all instead i get this:
boot 0: done
boot 1: error

but what boots for me is 10.7.4 usb installer.

How did you create your 10.8.2 USB installer?

To boot into the installer I just plugged in the UniBeast USB drive in the USB 2.0 port on the left side of the laptop. The USB 2.0 slot is the one that is black. Don't use the USB 3.0 port (blue). I also had to make the changes in the BIOS that are in the guide provided by Harry.

When I turned on the system I pressed "ESC" to bring up the boot device menu and chose the UniBeast USB drive. Mine was the one that said "SanDisk Cruzer". I saw the Apple logo and then it arrived at the install screen.

After the install finished I needed to use the following flags when booting off the UniBeast drive before removing the video graphics kexts and getting the Clover EFI partition working:

-v -x

This loads "Verbose" and "Safe" mode so I could see where it was hanging.

Do you see anything on the screen right before it reboots back to the ASUS logo?

How did you create your 10.8.2 USB installer?

thanks. i actually got back to it. and re-run the whole thing. i am not using unibeast this time because i received an error message saying the install failed.
i was able to successfully create a usb installer for 10.8.2 just this morning - i won't mention that 'other' method because i may get banned here. =D
it seems my desktop 10.7.4 needs some update to get it rolling for unibeast to work with.

i'll try booting from USB for my Asus S400ca and i'll let you guys know. if lucky, this adds to the documentation of compatible laptops.

i managed to get into the install screen with only -f as the required boot flag, this is the Asus S400CA.

osxasusphoto_zps3badacfd.jpg

As far as I can tell, it's Voodoo HDA that's only recognizing the port as a headphone jack. Other than that and the card reader, everything works well enough that I've been using OSX on my x202e as my only OS for the last week and have no complaints. I even seem to get better performance in my Steam games than I did in Windows which is crazy.

I installed directly from an image of 10.8.3 so it saved me a lot of the update steps and used some updated / modified kexts for things like the trackpad, audio, and getting USB 3 to work.

So far it works amazing, thank you for the guide Henry.

My spec is Asus X202E with ssd upgraded. I installed ML 10.8.4 and Clover EFI. I have everything working except Audio is not playing any sound. Sleep works from closing the lid, clicking the button or selecting sleep from Mac.

Did you try adjusting the volume under "VoodooHDA" preferences for "PCM" and "iMix"? They are sliders under the VoodooHDA control panel. I also had to switch back and forth the output device under "Sound" under "System Preferences". I adjusted the volume and checked mute on and off and after messing with the things the sound started working. If you put the system to sleep you will have to adjust the VoodooHDA volume levels again to make the sound come back.

Upgrading to VoodooHDA 2.8.4 (http://voodoohda.sourceforge.net/) seemed to make the sound louder/better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back