Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage V Extreme - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Xavi16 Thanks, all stuff is working now, i have to install increase max port limit to get all usb 3.0 working.
But I have a problem: my audio out is working very well but my microphone isn't working.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Important note

I have had the opportunity to install on another PC with almost the same hardware, same motherboard, CPU i7 5930k, GTX980, more.
I discovered that although we have the same BIOS (3202) for some reason, the DSDT I built and used without problems in my building, had an error when injecting the USB ports and this caused the bluetooth stops working well or not recognized in this PC. (Audio, HDMI, etc, works perfect, it's just USB and bluetooth.)

I built a new DSDT with repairs to work on this other PC.
If you have problems with the DSDT I have provided, please leave me a message to release the new DSDT.

Thanks for your attention.

Last edited:
@Xavi16 Thanks, all stuff is working now, i have to install increase max port limit to get all usb 3.0 working.
But I have a problem: my audio out is working very well but my microphone isn't working.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
In the Important Note I mentioned, I explain a problem discovered in the BIOS of the Asus Rampage V Extreme, you do not need to inject anything, this guide is based on the replacement files, the DSDT and config.plist within EFI Post Install contain everything you need to work everything, everything is contemplated, if you are having problems with USB (bluetooth probably too) this is probably your case.

Let me know....

Mac OS X Update 10.11.6

Today Apple has released version 10.11.6 and confirm that everything is still working after the upgrade:

Steps to follow:

Install the update, reboot and start using nv_disable=1 -v.
Install NVIDEA WebDriver, reboot and ready.

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202016-07-18%20a%20las%205.13.22%20p.m..png

Last edited:
@Xavi16 can you release the new DSDT?
I also have problem with audio input.
Thank you.
This DSDT repairs USB and Bluetooth broken in some Asus rampage V Extreme

Download new DSDT

The problem with your mic, maybe it's only in your case, for me seems to be working perfect.

Last edited:
This is a great guide. I am glad you took the time to make this. So far, I have not had any success in installing it on my system and hope someone can help. After three or four days of playing with it, I have gotten through the installation -- I see errors during the installation but I do not know how to make sure that the log file is created so I am not able to capture it.

I tried to be sure I followed the guide exactly, but I have some differences. The guide is for 10.11.5 I was only able to download 10.11.6 from the App store. I do not know if this really makes a difference or if there is a way to still download 10.11.5 from the app store.

Also, One thing is that I am not able to turn off the CSM option on my motherboard. When I do this, the BIOS no longer sees my hard drive. My hard drive is a Samsung Pro 950 and that is where I am trying to install.

I also saw that my clover installer is newer than the one shown in the guide. I am not sure if it makes a difference. When I run the installer it gives me an error to tell me that the OS may not work on my system. I tell it to proceed anyway. It installs the EFI files in the main USB partition and not in the EFI partition. I am not sure if that is correct and I made copies and also put them in the EFI directory.

At the end of the installation, I see an error (I was not able to capture it) and then it boots into the USB Clover installer again. If I am reading the guide correctly, it says to boot into the USB again and wait for the desk of El Capitan. I do not see a way to get the desk of El Capitan when I boot into the USB. It just boots into the Clover installer. When I try to boot from the SSD, It tries for a second and then puts me into the BIOS.

I did add the generic name drivers the the kext files. I am not very knowledgeable on this and I know I am not doing something right, but am not able to see what it is. If you can give me some pointers, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited:
This is a great guide. I am glad you took the time to make this.
Thank you for your comment, I put a lot of effort in this guide and hope to help many people.

The guide is for 10.11.5 I was only able to download 10.11.6 from the App store. I do not know if this really makes a difference or if there is a way to still download 10.11.5 from the app store.
Although this guide was made to install Mac OS X 10.11.5, there is no greater difference, the installation and the steps are the same, only they change NVIDEA drivers to be compatible with Mac OS X 10.11.6

Also, One thing is that I am not able to turn off the CSM option on my motherboard. When I do this, the BIOS no longer sees my hard drive. My hard drive is a Samsung Pro 950 and that is where I am trying to install.
You necessarily need to disable CSM.
To install Mac OS X on your NVMe Samsung 950 Pro, you need to follow the guide ReHabMan https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme, create the kext and put it in your EFI partition, with this you could install without problems .

I also saw that my clover installer is newer than the one shown in the guide. I am not sure if it makes a difference. When I run the installer it gives me an error to tell me that the OS may not work on my system. I tell it to proceed anyway. It installs the EFI files in the main USB partition and not in the EFI partition. I am not sure if that is correct and I made copies and also put them in the EFI directory.

Although catches you see another version of clover, does not mean it will not work with after versions, in fact the file EFI USB Install this created with the version the latest version of Clover, you only need to replace your EFI folder laying attached in this guide.

At the end of the installation, I see an error (I was not able to capture it) and then it boots into the USB Clover installer again. If I am reading the guide correctly, it says to boot into the USB again and wait for the desk of El Capitan. I do not see a way to get the desk of El Capitan when I boot into the USB. It just boots into the Clover installer. When I try to boot from the SSD, It tries for a second and then puts me into the BIOS.

You need with your keyboard and the arrow keys, select the partition of the Capitan already installed to start the first time, the default config.plist is configured to boot the installer, if already completed the installation, you must manually select Boot From Mac OS X El Capitan. Pay attention to the home screen Clover.

I did add the generic name drivers the the kext files.

I do not understand what you mean by this.

Last edited:
I REALLY appreciate your responses! My responses are in the text box below in red.

Thank you for your comment, I put a lot of effort in this guide and hope to help many people.

Although this guide was made to install Mac OS X 10.11.5, there is no greater difference, the installation and the steps are the same, only they change NVIDEA drivers to be compatible with Mac OS X 10.11.6

OK, Thanks

You necessarily need to disable CSM.
To install Mac OS X on your NVMe Samsung 950 Pro, you need to follow the guide ReHabMan https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme, create the kext and put it in your EFI partition, with this you could install without problems .

I will look at his guide, but if BIOS does not see the drive then I am not sure how the installer will have access to it, but I will try to disable it and try. As soon as I disable CSM, I have no SSD drive in BIOS.

Although catches you see another version of clover, does not mean it will not work with after versions, in fact the file EFI USB Install this created with the version the latest version of Trebol, you only need to replace your EFI folder laying attached in this guide.

OK. I will do this. Is the EFI directory supposed to be created in the EFI partition or is it ok in the main partition?

You need with your keyboard and the arrow keys, select the partition of the Capitan already installed to start the first time, the default config.plist is configured to boot the installer, if already completed the installation, you must manually select Boot From Mac OS X El Capitan. Pay attention to the home screen Trebol.

I do not think it installed properly then. when it boots again it boots into the Clover installer. The installation must not have completed.

I do not understand what you mean by this.

This was a typo. I meant generic nvme kext not generic name kext.

@vitop

When you make the first installation with your USB Mac OS X Install newly created, boot Two times from the installer, this is normal, the first time create the recovery partition and the second, install El Capitan, so do not worry is normal and only happens with the first installation.

When you make a second installation with the same USB Installer, you will see that after finishing the installation, at the first start, and will be created Recovery partitions and partition of El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back