Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage V Extreme - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extract the EFI Folder inside de EFI USB Installer.zip and paste in your USB EFI.
@Xavi16
ok, I want to be sure I understand you correctly and do not mess it up. I should not run the Clover installer? I should only copy the EFI directory form the EFI USB Install into my EFI partition?

Do you have any idea why the EFI partition on my USB is not seen by the clover installer? Thanks!

@Xavi16
ok, I want to be sure I understand you correctly and do not mess it up. I should not run the Clover installer? I should only copy the EFI directory form the EFI USB Install into my EFI partition?

Do you have any idea why the EFI partition on my USB is not seen by the clover installer? Thanks!
Yes not run, only copy and paste in your EFI USB. (This is similar to install clover),

@Xavi16

At this point I have the EFI folder that was supplied in the EFI USB installer in the EFI partition. I added the NVMeGeneric.kext into the Clover/Kexts/10.11 directory

Is that ok? I went to where you mentioned the HackrNVMeFamily kext but I really did not understand how it told me to create the kext.

Do you think I am ok so far or should I remove the NVMeGeneric.kext?

All I have in the EFI partition is the copied EFI directory and all I have in the Install OSX El Capitan partition is the installer

@Xavi16

At this point I have the EFI folder that was supplied in the EFI USB installer in the EFI partition. I added the NVMeGeneric.kext into the Clover/Kexts/10.11 directory

Is that ok? I went to where you mentioned the HackrNVMeFamily kext but I really did not understand how it told me to create the kext.

Do you think I am ok so far or should I remove the NVMeGeneric.kext?

All I have in the EFI partition is the copied EFI directory and all I have in the Install OSX El Capitan partition is the installer

NVMeGeneric.kext, is not designed to work in Clover/EFI/Kexts.
I recommend using HackrNVMeFamily.kext, but if you can not create, I think it will be impossible to install Mac OS X without it, unless you use other installation as an HDD or SDD hard drive.

You can try NVMeGeneric.kext, but I've never used this kext, not if I can not work.

I'm at work and I can not help you create HackrNVMeFamily.kext, but I can do when I get home, maybe I can help you with this and give a chance to try and prove it.

Edit:
You can try to put NVMe Generic.kext in Clover / EFI / Kexts, I just see people who have used it and it has worked.
Maybe I can do for you.

oh, I am sorry to send so many messages at work. Yes, I will willingly take any help you can give me when I get home. I also would like to learn more about this process and try to create the file, but I just do not understand what to do from that site. I wish that it would include a step by step for people that are not too familiar with the OS hacking. I will go on their site and play with it to see what I can learn until you get home.

Thanks again not only for this guide, but for all your help!

oh, I am sorry to send so many messages at work. Yes, I will willingly take any help you can give me when I get home. I also would like to learn more about this process and try to create the file, but I just do not understand what to do from that site. I wish that it would include a step by step for people that are not too familiar with the OS hacking. I will go on their site and play with it to see what I can learn until you get home.

Thanks again not only for this guide, but for all your help!
You can try to put NVMeGeneric.kext in Clover/EFI/Kexts, I just see people who have used it and it has worked.
Maybe I can do for you.

@Xavi16

I am still struggling to try and create a HackrNVMeFamily.kext file. I have been reading all I can for hours. It seems that I must get the IONVMeFamily.kext and make some patches to it. I have had a difficult time trying to find the IONVMeFamily.kext file for 10.11.6 to patch
I have been able to find the one for 10.11.5 and the one for Sierra. I get the impression that they are different. I do not think that I can use the one for Sierra and the one for 10.11.5 might be the same as 10.11.6 but I have not been able to see for sure.

I am running 10.11.6 on my Macbook Pro and that is what I used to create my install USB. I searched for the file on my notebook but could not find it. Is there a way to extract it from the USB install file?

Thanks

@Xavi16

I am still struggling to try and create a HackrNVMeFamily.kext file. I have been reading all I can for hours. It seems that I must get the IONVMeFamily.kext and make some patches to it. I have had a difficult time trying to find the IONVMeFamily.kext file for 10.11.6 to patch
I have been able to find the one for 10.11.5 and the one for Sierra. I get the impression that they are different. I do not think that I can use the one for Sierra and the one for 10.11.5 might be the same as 10.11.6 but I have not been able to see for sure.

I am running 10.11.6 on my Macbook Pro and that is what I used to create my install USB. I searched for the file on my notebook but could not find it. Is there a way to extract it from the USB install file?

Thanks
I'll make a guide for this as soon as you get home, and I'll include it in the main guide, the moment you try to Generic.kext that you've already downloaded.

If this does not work, you can follow my guide when ready.
Good luck!

ok, I will proceed with NVMeGeneric.kext then

ok, I just copied the tools folder to the Install OSX directory on my USB. I think the USB is ready for the install. I will reset my BIOS to factory default and make all of your changes and then hope that I can see my SSD to install with Clover. I will update you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back