Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage V Extreme - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Xavi16

ok then. It seems that it did not install properly. So now I have to find out why. I will try to disable the CSM and see if the installer will find the SSD to install

@vitop
1- OK. I will do this. Is the EFI directory supposed to be created in the EFI partition or is it ok in the main partition?
I think you have not done formatting your USB correctly, you should be able to have two partitions on your USB, an EFI partition and one with the image of El Capitan, make sure you have selected GUID Partition Table.

2- I will look at his guide, but if BIOS does not see the drive then I am not sure how the installer will have access to it, but I will try to disable it and try. As soon as I disable CSM, I have no SSD drive in BIOS.
You can not see your SDD NVMe, as this not natively supported and will not be recognized, you should create the following kext guide ReHabMan so it can be recognized in the installation.

Restore your BIOS to factory image and adjust as described in the guide

Last edited:
@Xavi16
I know I must have many errors in the install, but I think the format is ok. I do have two partitions, but the EFI directory gets placed in the main partition, not the EFI partition which is also on the USB. I will remove the partitions and reformat it just to be sure.

I think the Clover install must not be ok. I do get an error telling me that the OS is not compatible when I run it. I am not sure why.

@Xavi16
I know I must have many errors in the install, but I think the format is ok. I do have two partitions, but the EFI directory gets placed in the main partition, not the EFI partition which is also on the USB. I will remove the partitions and reformat it just to be sure.

I think the Clover install must not be ok. I do get an error telling me that the OS is not compatible when I run it. I am not sure why.
Delete your EFI Folder from the main partition and then copy and paste the EFI folder that is inside USB Install EFI, in EFI partition on your USB Installer.

This is another option.
You do not have a hard disk SSD? you can try to install one and then clone its installation on your NVMe, but remember you must create your HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext, , so Mac OS X recognizes your Samsung NVMe.

I do not have a Samsung 950 Pro, I have only one SM951 AHCI and this if it is recognized natively.

@Xavi16
Thanks for all of your time. I am going to update my progress so maybe we can see where my errors are happening. I just formatted and repartitioned the USB. I have verified that the EFI partition is there and is now empty again. I have named it USB so I am confident that the very simple first step of formatting the USB is done properly. I have already downloaded the insteller form the APp store twice so I am also confident that is a good file. I will now run the teminal sudo command and update you when complete.

@Xavi16
Thanks for all of your time. I am going to update my progress so maybe we can see where my errors are happening. I just formatted and repartitioned the USB. I have verified that the EFI partition is there and is now empty again. I have named it USB so I am confident that the very simple first step of formatting the USB is done properly. I have already downloaded the insteller form the APp store twice so I am also confident that is a good file. I will now run the teminal sudo command and update you when complete.
Remember, if you are installing Clover, select the EFI partition or if you prefer only mount your EFI partition and paste the EFI Folder. Folder EFI is inside EFI USB Installer.

This is the same as installing clover and then replace the files.

Remember, if you are installing Clover, select the EFI partition or if you prefer only mount your EFI partition and paste the EFI Folder. Folder EFI is inside EFI USB Installer.

This is the same as installing clover and then replace the files.

ok, I will verify this with you when I get there, but I understand. I tried to do that before but it did not work.

Here is my first update. I ran the terminal sudo and I believe all is still fine. The installer was created in the main partition of the USB. The USB was renamed and the EFI partition is still empty. I think so far, so good. It is something I am doing after that is incorrect.

So now I must run the Clover installer. I have both the EFI and main partition mounted. I have never been able to select the EFI partition for the Clover install. I will try and unmount the main partition to see if it will let me see the EFI partition. I think that this is something that may be a suggestion for your guide for people like me that are not very knowledgeable. It does not say to install the Clover installer into the EFI partition so when I saw it install into the main partition, I thought it was correct.
I also did notice that the original clover installer installed in Spanish. I looked around inside it to find the option to change to english.

So let me try this and I will update you

@Xavi16

I have the CLover installer up but it does not allow me to select the EFI partition on the USB drive. I unmounted the main partition on the USB. Only the EFI partition is mounted. I can see it in "Computer" when I look at the devices mounted but the Clover installer does not see it. My only selection is my hard drive in my laptop.

What do you think I should do? Do you think something is wrong with the format or sudo installation?

@Xavi16

I have the CLover installer up but it does not allow me to select the EFI partition on the USB drive. I unmounted the main partition on the USB. Only the EFI partition is mounted. I can see it in "Computer" when I look at the devices mounted but the Clover installer does not see it. My only selection is my hard drive in my laptop.

What do you think I should do? Do you think something is wrong with the format or sudo installation?
Extract the EFI Folder inside the EFI USB Installer.zip and paste in your USB EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back