Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage V Extreme - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent!

Is it time to reboot or should I do the final adjustment section before?
If you've followed my guide step by step as it should be, at this time after rebooting your system would be ready and working 100%, if you reboot your system and presents problems, you have not followed my guide.

if you reboot your system and presents problems, you have not followed my guide.

That would not be the first time! :)

ok, I will reboot and see what happens

no, I must not have done something right. The bar under the apple logo goes to maybe 1/3 full and then it reboots again. over and over.

Edit: Is there a way to find what is wrong or do I need to do a re-install?

Last edited:
no, I must not have done something right. The bar under the apple logo goes to maybe 1/3 full and then it reboots again. over and over.

Edit: Is there a way to find what is wrong or do I need to do a re-install?

You replaced EFI?
You add your NVMGeneric.kext?
Try to boot from your USB and check the EFI partition.

You replaced EFI?
You add your NVMGeneric.kext?
Try to boot from your USB and check the EFI partition.

Yes, I replaced the EFI and I added the NVMeGeneric.kext
I will reboot from the USB and take another look at the EFI

Yes, I replaced the EFI and I added the NVMeGeneric.kext
I will reboot from the USB and take another look at the EFI

Try researching and pay attention to my guide, at this time he could not continue to help, but I can do it tomorrow or maybe later.

Leave me your messages

This is very frustrating. It will not boot from the USB drive any more now. The line goes to a little more than half and then it stops and reboots.

EDIT: I will turn off the system and keep working on it again tomorrow. I am not sure why the system will not boot from the USB any longer. Could Clover have made some changes during the second boot? I will put the USB into my notebook to see what the EFI looks like

Try researching and pay attention to my guide, at this time he could not continue to help, but I can do it tomorrow or maybe later.

Leave me your messages

THANK YOU very much. I would never have gotten this to boot without you. I hope it can be made to boot again.

I looked at the USB and could find nothing wrong, but I do not really know what I am looking for. The kexts are all still there. I am not sure if the pconfig was changed by the system.
I have not been back in the BIOS but I will look at it tomorrow to see if maybe the system changed a setting all by itself.

I noticed that in the BIOS the EHCI hand-off had been changed to disabled. I changed it back but it made no difference.

I also noticed that the BIOS was no longer calling my SSD drive by its model and name. It was now calling it "UEFI OS" I am not sure why.

edit: I will wait to hear from you tomorrow, but I am leaning towards doing another BIOS factory reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back