Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage V Extreme - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again :) I gave it a try with the newest version of clover, r3650, but I still get the following message "This package is incompatible with this version of OS X and may fail to install" and I think this may be the reason that my usb flash drive won't boot at all with clover. any new ideas how what I can do/try? :) all help is really appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 15.43.39.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 15.43.39.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 184
Hello again :) I gave it a try with the newest version of clover, r3650, but I still get the following message "This package is incompatible with this version of OS X and may fail to install" and I think this may be the reason that my usb flash drive won't boot at all with clover. any new ideas how what I can do/try? :) all help is really appreciated.

What are you using to try to install Clover?
A real-mac or hackintosh?

Your problem is probably Rootless (SIP, or System Integrity Protection)

Yes, your instruction is good. Thank you for work!
I use your ssdt and part of dsdt. Your dsdt do not support PS/2. You can see results in Hans theme :)

Here I have only one question =)
How do you install menu for sound?
155902-c3a9c069574d2d9c00e80498bc02e1c8.jpg

Hello

sorry I had not seen the message, no need to install anything, just Hold down the command key and you click on the sound icon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello friends

I need your help, I have been testing and analyzing the behavior of our Motherboard DSDT.

In messages back explaining a problem that I have observed, in the BIOS, even using the same version, it seems that just do not work.

For this reason I want you to help me, I need each of you to extract your OEM DSDT, to analyze them.

I'm pretty sure that is causing the problem of breaking the DSDT, but want to do more tests and be safer.

To extract your DSDT clean, there are several ways, but please want to use the following method

Download Linux and create an image on a DVD or USB to boot from. (USB create follow this guide)
Run the following command:
Code:
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT >dsdt.aml
Save your OEM DSDT.aml follows.

UserName-dsdt-BiosVersion
Example: Xavi16-dsdt-3301.zip

Note: You can use clover to extract a clean dsdt pressing F4 in the boot menu,, but not use this way, I have tested extracting the dsdt this way and almost always in most cases the DSDT varies, not the same.
I think a problem with clover, I used the latest version v3650 and causes this problem.

Last edited:
What are you using to try to install Clover?
A real-mac or hackintosh?

Your problem is probably Rootless (SIP, or System Integrity Protection)

I'm trying to install clover to the USB / el capitan installer as you tells to do in your guide and this is on a real macbook pro :)

btw got updated to bios 3301 so I'm using that one now, but still can't get the usb to boot on my computer hmm..

I'm trying to install clover to the USB / el capitan installer as you tells to do in your guide and this is on a real macbook pro :)

btw got updated to bios 3301 so I'm using that one now, but still can't get the usb to boot on my computer hmm..
Ok you can disable SIP on your MacPro, I try to install clover.

Reboot your Mac into Recovery Mode by restarting your computer and holding down Command + R Until the Apple logo on your screen Appears.
Click Utilities> Terminal.
In the Terminal window, type in csrutil disable and press Enter.
Restart your Mac.

Or you can copy the EFI folder, which is inside EFI USB Installer in your EFI partition the your USB created.

Reboot your Mac into Recovery Mode by restarting your computer and holding down Command + R Until the Apple logo on your screen Appears.
Restart your Mac.

Or you can copy the EFI folder, which is inside EFI USB Installer in your EFI partition the your USB created.
oki, thanks, I will try it :D

Restart your Mac.

but may a opportunity to use unibeast with clover to get the installer work, because then i can boot it, but what change do i then need to do to get it work? still replace all the files in your efi usb installer? but just want to hear with you if this way can work.

but may a opportunity to use unibeast with clover to get the installer work, because then i can boot it, but what change do i then need to do to get it work? still replace all the files in your efi usb installer? but just want to hear with you if this way can work.
Disable SIP, should work for you and allow installation of clover, if this does not work, you probably need to replace the EFI or perhaps use a hackintosh.

Even using unibeats you need to replace the EFI since I added ensure that the installation is successful.

Disable SIP, should work for you and allow installation of clover, if this does not work, you probably need to replace the EFI or perhaps use a hackintosh.

Even using unibeats you need to replace the EFI since I added ensure that the installation is successful.
it worked when I booted to recovery and the typed csrutil disable, the error message was gone :D thanks, but I still can't get it to boot, I'm choosing to boot from the usb flash drive but it just gets to a black screen and then jump right back in to the bios, hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back