Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage V Extreme - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Xavi16 , First of all i want to congratulate you for this awesome guide.

My question is, do you guys think i can follow this guide for a Asus X99 PRO?

Thanks!

Hello @cbk1

You could use my guide and my USB Install EFI to perform its installation, but definitely need a DSDT for your motherboard as the DSDT provided is specific for Rampage V Extreme.

The other files in EFI Post Install, if they could serve only'd need some change or adjust your hardware.

Maybe I can make a new general guide with steps to explain how to edit or build every file, how to build your own DSDT and make this do all the work for you without the need for many kext.

I'm really busy, making an app, but I think I can make a new guide or update this with more detailed steps for the construction and creation of each kext.

@vitop: you used the R5EUSBInject.kext in the clover kext folder and kept the same DSDT provided in the EFI Post install folder to make it work ?

@grunge03, sorry for the delay. I was playing with the ThunderboltEX ii Dual trying to get it to be seen. No, I don't have the R5EUSBInject.kext in my configuration. The kext from the initial install that I put back in was the X99USBControllers.kext. For some reason, I lost the USB controllers when they had been working fine. That fixed it for me anyway. I also added Test2-2016.efi to my drivers64UEFI directory and that seemed to stop the crashes.

There was a new DSDT that @Xavi16 had made up for me after looking at my config, but at that time, my config really was not populating. To me it seemed that the original DSDT provided in the EFI Post install folder was more stable and I went back to that. Other than that, everything is as per @Xavi16 directions and it works well for me. I have not finished doing the serial number thing yet and some other stuff to try and figure out, but as far as what I did to my system that was it. I really do not know much about this stuff and just do what people that know it better tell me to do, lol

@Xavi16

Do you have ideas on how to get my system to see the intel data/sata express? I attached a printout of the data section of my system. It only shows the ASMEDIA data

Attachments

• Sata:sata express.pdf
    51.2 KB · Views: 396
@Xavi16

Do you have ideas on how to get my system to see the intel data/sata express? I attached a printout of the data section of my system. It only shows the ASMEDIA data
Hello @vitop
Send me your EFI folder, I will review that added you and see if there are errors.

That works!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.7 MB · Views: 268
It is very important to delete kernelcache in S/L/Cache folder before install new driver!
Personally I do not delete the cache, simply update and voila, everything working, but can be a good option.

You can run this command after installation.
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back