Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage V Extreme - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Xavi16

I have some good news!

Have you changed your EFI Post Install Files?

I copied them twice before into the EFI partition and I could never boot. I downloaded them again today and copied once more to see if I could make it work. I copied the HackrNVMeFamily. kext into the kext directory.

The clover boot screen came up and I started to boot. The boot screen progress went to 1/3 like before but now instead of a reboot, the screen went black and the progress like reappeared without the apple logo and it finished booting. The problem was that I had lost all of my USB ports and I could not move the mouse or key my password.

I booted off of the USB after several attempts and added the X99USBControllers.kext to my kext directory and tried to reboot again.

This time the clover boot screen came up in black and white with only the clover moving in blue. It was a different boot screen but I booted again and saw that the progress line under the apple went to 1/3 and then the screen went black again and only the line appeared and went to the end and I booted into OS X with USB functionality again.

I logged in and the screen did not flicker like before. I looked at the system configuration and I now have Apple Audio, it correctly recognizes my GT 730, and I have information under my PCI section. It seems stable and I think it is running well.

You have put a lot of effort into this guide and I am sorry that I have taken so much of your time but even though I made many mistakes, I would never have this running without you and your guide.

I do not know why it boots black and white like it does, but it does not really make a difference.

I am now going to go to your Final adjustments section to try and enable the iCloud.

I was looking at this yesterday and I do not think I was doing it correctly. I went to everyman.com like you said in the guide but it seems that it wants a serial number. My serial number is blank. Your guide says to generate a serial number. Do you do that in the Rt Variables tab where it says "Calculate"?

Also, when I save the file do I just save the file or do I need to "Generate Config"?

Thanks

You must generate a serial number, I recommend generating several times and then choose the last, when you have your serial number ready, follow each step of the guide.

Please send me another ioreg on your configuration, the DSDT added. in other words, now that your PC seems to be stable, make a new ioreg and send it to me.

Thanks for your answer.
My hardware is :
UEFI BIOS: 3202
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU: Intel 5820k
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2666
Graphics: MSI GTX 980 4G gaming
PSU: CoolerMaster G650m
Hard Drive: Samsung SSD 850 Pro + Samsung SSD 850 Evo (where mac os is installed) + a generic hard drive
Cooler: 2x NOCTUA NH-U12S
Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 2
HUBs: x2 USB3.0 and 1x USB2.0 from the case
Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70

and no other pci card in it.
I've tried the DSDT from your efi post install folder and also the one you've linked on the post: Asus Rampage V Extreme - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Installation Guide

but the result is the same :(

Last edited:
You must generate a serial number, I recommend generating several times and then choose the last, when you have your serial number ready, follow each step of the guide.

Please send me another ioreg on your configuration, the DSDT added. in other words, now that your PC seems to be stable, make a new ioreg and send it to me.

Thanks @Xavi16. I will do that when I get home from work today.

@vitop: you used the R5EUSBInject.kext in the clover kext folder and kept the same DSDT provided in the EFI Post install folder to make it work ?

I was able to do it this morning before going to work.
It still has some problems booting sometime and I get the older Clover boot screen now but my main problems are not Thunderbolt and no USB 3.1
If you can see something that will help, let me know

Attachments

• Vito’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    6.7 MB · Views: 159
I was able to do it this morning before going to work.
It still has some problems booting sometime and I get the older Clover boot screen now but my main problems are not Thunderbolt and no USB 3.1
If you can see something that will help, let me know
No support for USB 3.1 by Apple, USB 3.1 will operate at the speed of USB 3.0.

I'm sorry but I can not help you much with Thunderbolt, I do not have a PCI card, I can not test or provide solutions.
I am sorry.

Thanks for your answer.
My hardware is :
UEFI BIOS: 3202
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU: Intel 5820k
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2666
Graphics: MSI GTX 980 4G gaming
PSU: CoolerMaster G650m
Hard Drive: Samsung SSD 850 Pro + Samsung SSD 850 Evo (where mac os is installed) + a generic hard drive
Cooler: 2x NOCTUA NH-U12S
Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 2
HUBs: x2 USB3.0 and 1x USB2.0 from the case
Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70

and no other pci card in it.
I've tried the DSDT from your efi post install folder and also the one you've linked on the post: Asus Rampage V Extreme - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Installation Guide

but the result is the same :(

Maybe you can try the first DSDT he believes, this is version 1.0, if this version does not work for you and the current version does not work, we'll need to get your DSDT clean and review or apply all patches.

I do not understand why the DSDT not seem to work in some BIOS, even if the same version.

Let me know

DSDT v1.0

Hi @Xavi16 , First of all i want to congratulate you for this awesome guide.

My question is, do you guys think i can follow this guide for a Asus X99 PRO?

Thanks!

No support for USB 3.1 by Apple, USB 3.1 will operate at the speed of USB 3.0.

I'm sorry but I can not help you much with Thunderbolt, I do not have a PCI card, I can not test or provide solutions.
I am sorry.

Oh, no problem @Xavi16 -- you have helped a lot already. Maybe I will buy you a Thunderbolt card and then you can find how to make it work! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back