Contribute
Register

ASUS Prime Z370-A USB 3.1 Gen 2 Port not working (Catalina 10.15.4) (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I have successfully installed Catalina 10.15.4 on an ASUS Prime Z370-A with Core i7 8700K and integrated graphics. Most everything works except the USB 3.1 Gen 2 C Port on the back plane of the motherboard. I have tried mapping the ports using all the advice from the various posts/tutorials but I just cant quite seem to get the proper setup working. This is minor and everything else works. I used the "Fenvi" card for BT/Wireless and I boot from a Samsung 970 EVO. I used Clover for the boot process.

If anybody else is using this exact board for their Hackintosh and has that port working could you post/send your EFI folder? Also what version of the BIOS are you using? I think I am on the latest (can't check right now).

I'm happy to post my EFI folder for inspection or what ever else is required.

Is it possible at all since USB 3.1 Gen2 on this board is provided by an Asmedia controller?

Just to update this thread if anyone is also looking. Running macOS 10.15 Catalina the ASMedia are natively supported. I just needed to actually enable them in BIOS. I guess at some point during the install I had disabled it. The only hardware I had to test it was an OWC Envoy which wrote at 500MB/sec so I am at least getting 5Gbps on the port. I don't have anything that would test out the full 10Gbps speeds.

Both ports on this controller use to work perfectly for me, but now I can't get anything higher than 5Gbps. I have a screenshot from when I finished one of my port maps back on March 14th, 2020 which shows this.
Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 10.46.45 PM.png

When the ports stopped working at 10 Gbps, I thought it'd be a good idea to redo the port map, just to be 100% certain that I did in fact set this up correctly. Unfortunately, that did not resolve my issue, and I'm still looking for a solution to this problem.
Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 9.29.30 PM.png

@Aldaro, did you ever get this issue resolved? I have the exact setup you have and am still showing 5Gbps on the USB 3.1 gen 2 port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back