Contribute
Register

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 OSX El Capitan (10.11) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, does anyone help me understand why I am getting prohibited mark (circle with dash) when I tried to install El Capitan or Sierra? Here is my comp spec.

Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Video: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
HDD: SSD 256GB (set AHCI in Bios)
Memory 12GB

Please take a look at the attachment.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 0531170523_HDR.jpg
    0531170523_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 195
Hi, does anyone help me understand why I am getting prohibited mark (circle with dash) when I tried to install El Capitan or Sierra? Here is my comp spec.

Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Video: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
HDD: SSD 256GB (set AHCI in Bios)
Memory 12GB

Please take a look at the attachment.

Thanks!

Try using setting your model as MacPro5,1 under SMBIOS when booting with clover.

Try using setting your model as MacPro5,1 under SMBIOS when booting with clover.

I have tried as it was mention in this thread. I also tried with different options and I just get stuck with prohibiting mark at the end of the message in the picture I attached. I don't know what other options I should try.

Have you tried a different usb port. May one on the backside. I had a problem with front usb.

Have you tried a different usb port. May one on the backside. I had a problem with front usb.
Yup! That was the problem. I switched to USB in the back and worked! Now, I need to get my network and sound work.

I finally installed Sierra and got my video and network working. However, I can't get the sound to work. I tried method in the main post but no luck.

I'm running 10.12.5. Does anyone have a solution?

If you use the latest applehda.kext you will need lilu.kext too to make it work.

Hi guys, is not working for me.
The system doesn't reboot. It freezes.
I followed the steps and Sierra 10.12.5 instals but i have no network Lan option when i add a new connection. I have to say that i did edit the .plist manually and swapped them because via terminal i haven't been able to edit it. I have a IONetworkingFamily.kext that used to make it work in Yosemite, should i use that instead?
Also in MB post i did check a few things like 3rd Party SATA and eSATA, Intel Generic AHCI SATA, FakeSMC things and the bootloader is clover 2.4k r4173.
Also the enable " Fix TMR " in the AHCI option thing i don't seem to have it . Is it in the clover standalone installer?
I have found a Fix TRM400 in clover configurator but checking it doesn't make any difference. one thing changed following this guide though, when i save and quit clover configurator i don't get that message " volume doesn't support permanent version storage " .
thank you very much for your help.
i'll keep you posted
cheerse

P6T deluxe v2 bios configuration with sierra thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back