Contribute
Register

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 OSX El Capitan (10.11) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time hackintosh-user here,

I have the same ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 board, BIOS 1206, but cannot get audio to work.

I've tried installing first El Capitan and now Sierra. I'm using the AppleALC solution and it seems the only thing you have to do is copy the AppleALC.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and set Audio Inject to 7 (or 5). I've tried both but cannot get audio output to show up. I also tried messing with AppleHDA.kext, but didn't work either.

Looking at the system report it shows Audio ID: 7, but under Devices there's nothing. Is this normal?

I've also looked at bdmesg which says AppleALC.kext is being loaded.

Anything I'm missing or suggestions?

First time hackintosh-user here,

I have the same ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 board, BIOS 1206, but cannot get audio to work.

I've tried installing first El Capitan and now Sierra. I'm using the AppleALC solution and it seems the only thing you have to do is copy the AppleALC.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and set Audio Inject to 7 (or 5). I've tried both but cannot get audio output to show up. I also tried messing with AppleHDA.kext, but didn't work either.

Looking at the system report it shows Audio ID: 7, but under Devices there's nothing. Is this normal?

I've also looked at bdmesg which says AppleALC.kext is being loaded.

Anything I'm missing or suggestions?

Hello, don't copy it under EFI/Clover/kexts/other.

I managed it through copying it to S/L/E and if i am right an update won't break it because AppleALC won't be overwritten.
LayoutID is 7. Got the same board like you

Hello, don't copy it under EFI/Clover/kexts/other.

I managed it through copying it to S/L/E and if i am right an update won't break it because AppleALC won't be overwritten.
LayoutID is 7. Got the same board like you

Thanks for your suggestion, but still no luck. I only see AirPlay showing up. I copied the AppleALC.kext using KextBeast and edited the config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER/ and changed this

<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>7</string>
</dict>

K2jMz3v.png

Which version of AppleALC r u using? The newer one need LILU.kext too.

THAT'S IT! Working perfectly now. I did notice the mention of LILU on the github page, but since no guide mentioned it, I figured it was for something else.

So much to learn...

heylo all!

i just recently upgraded from Mavericks 10.9.5 to Sierra 10.12.4. thank you for this guide! it has gone relatively smooth!

but i am wondering if i need to adjust the Clover config for the motherboard. my fans seem to run a lot now, but never did before. i had used the same DSDT.aml for Mountain Lion and Mavericks with great success. i tried to see if i could use it again, but it caused major boot problems with Sierra.

currently, i have the computer listed as MacPro5,1. do i need i need to add info for p-states and the like for the P6T Deluxe V2 in the Clover config?

thanks!
sirdemon

heylo all!

i just recently upgraded from Mavericks 10.9.5 to Sierra 10.12.4. thank you for this guide! it has gone relatively smooth!

but i am wondering if i need to adjust the Clover config for the motherboard. my fans seem to run a lot now, but never did before. i had used the same DSDT.aml for Mountain Lion and Mavericks with great success. i tried to see if i could use it again, but it caused major boot problems with Sierra.

currently, i have the computer listed as MacPro5,1. do i need i need to add info for p-states and the like for the P6T Deluxe V2 in the Clover config?

thanks!
sirdemon

In my setup I haven't done anything besides enabling Q-fan in the BIOS, but no tweaking of the DSDT or anything in the system. It runs just as quiet as in Windows, and I don't notice any change in fan speeds before and after the OS has loaded.

Thanks, 5,1 did the trick for downloading. A Clover update was required to see the new bootable partition the installer created. However, no matter what boot options I try, the installer never finishes loading. Oh well, not gonna waste a million years trying to get an upgrade to work. If I move to Sierra, I'll just wipe and reinstall like all the other major upgrades I've done in the past.

So i used your guide to install Sierra. Can´t figure out how to enable sound (this tread suggest just putting AppleALC.kext in the library folder) would need some assistance with this part.

In my setup I haven't done anything besides enabling Q-fan in the BIOS, but no tweaking of the DSDT or anything in the system. It runs just as quiet as in Windows, and I don't notice any change in fan speeds before and after the OS has loaded.

Need help with getting sound to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back