Contribute
Register

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 OSX El Capitan (10.11) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some problem with p6t deluxe v2. In usb all work, but on the sata black screen e this error
received_10215136386427940.jpeg

@pow3r84, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Can someone share their DSDT.aml file?

Thanks!

Can someone share their DSDT.aml file?

Thanks!
There is no reason to use that. I use only Clover settings for now and it seems to be better.

PS: High Sierra also works perfectly ;)

Hi there, I will also try to install High Sierra on my P6T Deluxe v2 and GTX 760. Would anyone know if 4 screens will work ? I have this configuration in Maverics and it work flawlessly on Chimera 2.2.1 bootloader .. Thanks !

As long as you don’t use a VGA port I don’t see any problem.

swiftoholic, I need to install original Nvidia drivers for that, right ? Thanks

I had a 760 gtx and it should work out of the box without web drivers.

Success !!

(This was my second attempt, first time I couldn't get through "The Recovery Server Could not be Contacted" which appeared right after High Sierra initial installation screen ... and yeah, I also managed first time to destroy my main Maverics SSD boot drive, as I restarted the machine too often ;) )

My config:

Asus P6T Deluxe v2
Nvidia GTX 760
12 GB RAM

The path:
- finding the correct USB port from which would HS properly boot (not all work ;)
- finding the correct USB port for keyboard to connect
- using cpus=1 and MacPro5,1 key-strings in clover boot, in verbose mode
- getting through "The Recovery Server Could not be Contacted" which appeared right after High Sierra initial installation screen (UNIBEAST 8.2.0 didn't work, but 8.1.0 did !)
- was getting worried when installation process went over twice ! But it was obviously doing Recovery Boot, which appear later on the clover boot screan
- after succesfull installation changing ionetworkingfamily.kext (read main post)
- running post installation procedures with Multibeast (just Easy Legacy installation)

What works so far:
- basically everything, except sound (I have Tascam Dm4800 mixer connected via firewire); will look into it closely today

THANKS to Augie and Swiftoholic for the excellent post and all the help !!

open

Attachments

• 20180411_211819.jpg
    20180411_211819.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 213
This worked for me for High Sierra on a Asus P6T Deluxe V1. I disabled the SAS however as I don't want to mess with it. Sleep works though!

I haven't gotten the audio working, but haven't attempted it, and it appears that only 6 out of the 8 back panel USB ports work, and none of the front panel work.

Has anyone had any luck with the USB ports? I'm reading into methods to get the USB working as most of the wifi/BT cards for handoff/continuity appear to require a USB motherboard header connection, though I'm sure I could sacrifice a USB cable and wire it into one of the free back panel ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back