Contribute
Register

AppleUSBXHCI was not halted/waiting for root device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try with external monitor (HDMI)?
Did you try with FakeID=0x12345678?
Are you using a USB2 stick?
Did you try *all* USB2 ports?

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
I only have 2 USB2 ports, and I'm using USB 3.0 usb stick(is this issue?) because I doubt I have any 2.0 that size(gotta take a look tho.) I will try HDMI as soon as I load Sierra on my USB again. Also, where must I enter FakeID=0x12345678? In Clover?

I only have 2 USB2 ports, and I'm using USB 3.0 usb stick(is this issue?) because I doubt I have any 2.0 that size(gotta take a look tho.) I will try HDMI as soon as I load Sierra on my USB again. Also, where must I enter FakeID=0x12345678? In Clover?

The guide recommends using a USB2 stick.
You will find FakeID option in Clover options.

The guide recommends using a USB2 stick.
You will find FakeID option in Clover options.
FakeID change didn't make a change(Reboot at Sierra launch), I'll load Sierra to USB 2.0 key soon and i'll try with that.

FakeID change didn't make a change(Reboot at Sierra launch),

Sounds like a change to me. You never mentioned a reboot before.

Sounds like a change to me. You never mentioned a reboot before.
*Change to a USB problem. I changed FakeID CPU and when those stars loaded it rebooted. It doesn't happen same without changing, i mean, with 0x0000000 computer at leasts boot and shows me USB problem.
Made mistake with writing "Didnt make a change". Sorry. I'm a bit tired and didn't spot it.

I never suggested using a Fake CPU ID.
I haven't found just "FakeID"... gonna check again...
*Found it at Inject Intel, changed it, but nothing changes...

I finally managed to get Sierra on my 2.0 USB just to discover I'm still going through the same error. :/

I finally managed to get Sierra on my 2.0 USB just to discover I'm still going through the same error. :/

No ideas without data...

Make sure you are *very* patient. Booting the installer from USB is *very slow*.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

No ideas without data...

Make sure you are *very* patient. Booting the installer from USB is *very slow*.

Hmm interesting... Till now, I only managed once to get my bootloader to slowly load, otherwise it goes fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back