Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock Fatal1ty Z170 Professional Gaming i7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC GAMING ACX 2.0
Good day,
So, I'm trying to install OS X Sierra on my laptop but it doesn't go quite as expected. I created Sierra bootable USB with legacy mode and when I launch it in clover with cpus=1 flag and verbose mode I get AppleUSBXHCI was not halted error spamming and after some time i recieve "root device not found".
I already tried USBBusFix flag and kexts Rehab's kexts, but it seems it didn't work. I also heard something about renaming USB ports in newer systems(XHC1) since they change formats of those.
I'll try to upload a picture asap.
Thanks!

Good day,
So, I'm trying to install OS X Sierra on my laptop but it doesn't go quite as expected. I created Sierra bootable USB with legacy mode and when I launch it in clover with cpus=1 flag and verbose mode I get AppleUSBXHCI was not halted error spamming and after some time i recieve "root device not found".
I already tried USBBusFix flag and kexts Rehab's kexts, but it seems it didn't work. I also heard something about renaming USB ports in newer systems(XHC1) since they change formats of those.
I'll try to upload a picture asap.
Thanks!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

So, I followed it and instead of GPT i used MBR but with no success. Could you link me to correct way of installing kext on external device? Or what should I do next if that doesn't work?

Here they are(sorry for late reply, I didn't have access to computer):
wnPePim.jpg
tYNj0Uw.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 165
"Still waiting for root device" when booting from USB indicates a USB problem.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
I checked whole post but did not see any fixes for USB errors(or am I blind?). The fact is, I already read fix for this and it said I should install Your fix (GenereticUSB), but sadly, it didn't work OR I don't know how to install it properly. Using Transmac I pulled GeneticUSB.kext folder into "EFI/Clover/kexts/Others". Is this proper way? Or is there something else I need to do to install it?

*Also, i'm really sorry for troubles, but sometimes I have hard time understanding what I have to do.

I checked whole post but did not see any fixes for USB errors(or am I blind?). The fact is, I already read fix for this and it said I should install Your fix (GenereticUSB), but sadly, it didn't work OR I don't know how to install it properly. Using Transmac I pulled GeneticUSB.kext folder into "EFI/Clover/kexts/Others". Is this proper way? Or is there something else I need to do to install it?

*Also, i'm really sorry for troubles, but sometimes I have hard time understanding what I have to do.

Follow the guide as written (the config.plist files have some USB fixes present)... see what happens.

Ok, so I added all the kexts and changed config.plist file and I see only one thing changing. It changed from XHC1 to PXSX(attached picture)
GDn7yzNh.jpg

Ok, so I added all the kexts and changed config.plist file and I see only one thing changing. It changed from XHC1 to PXSX(attached picture)
GDn7yzNh.jpg

I don't see where you attached EFI/Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back