Contribute
Register

AppleUSBXHCI was not halted/waiting for root device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot verbose.
I said it's doing exacly the same as it's already doing...
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
It is the same as before, just without all the kexts except FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller.

But still will send you these files, althrought i told you they are as they are(old photo, error is same as said):
GDn7yzNh.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 83
I said it's doing exacly the same as it's already doing...

It is the same as before, just without all the kexts except FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller.

But still will send you these files, althrought i told you they are as they are(old photo, error is same as said):
GDn7yzNh.jpg

Why do you have HPFanReset.efi in drivers64UEFI? Your laptop is not a ProBook.
Why does the verbose output indicate USBInjectAll.kext is loading (the debug version too...) when it is not present in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other?

Resolve the two issues raised above...
Try with GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Why do you have HPFanReset.efi in drivers64UEFI? Your laptop is not a ProBook.
Why does the verbose output indicate USBInjectAll.kext is loading (the debug version too...) when it is not present in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other?

Resolve the two issues raised above...
Try with GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
As I already told you, this is old photo, I didn't capture new one since i have to upload it and do everything to post on other computer(since I don't have any other OS on laptop apart from what I'm trying to install). I will capture it now and edit it into this post. Also, will remove HPFanReset from drivers folder.
Without GenereticUSB:
6j8m1Wa.jpg

With GenereticUSB:
Ht3lSM7.jpg

Last edited:
As I already told you, this is old photo, I didn't capture new one since i have to upload it and do everything to post on other computer(since I don't have any other OS on laptop apart from what I'm trying to install). I will capture it now and edit it into this post. Also, will remove HPFanReset from drivers folder.

Need accurate photo.

You will need to do EC reset to correct any problems HPFanReset.efi may have caused (read FAQ).

Also:
- be patient... booting the installer from USB is not quick
- use an external monitor or FakeID=0x12345678 for the case you have a graphics/EDID problem
- try with USBInjectAll.kext if you get "still waiting for root device"

Need accurate photo.

You will need to do EC reset to correct any problems HPFanReset.efi may have caused (read FAQ).

Also:
- be patient... booting the installer from USB is not quick
- use an external monitor or FakeID=0x12345678 for the case you have a graphics/EDID problem
- try with USBInjectAll.kext if you get "still waiting for root device"
I don't think HPFanReset done any problems, but will try in case it solves anything.
Also, I had troubles with my dedicated gpu(it died) but that's why i'm installing mac to use it with HD 3000 only.
Trying USBInjectAll.kext now....

Also, I had troubles with my dedicated gpu(it died) but that's why i'm installing mac to use it with HD 3000 only.

Attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

8lgyfdZ.jpg

Sorry for late post.

I tried with InjectUSB kexts, reseting EC and it doesn't solve anything. Next move?

Did you try with external monitor (HDMI)?
Did you try with FakeID=0x12345678?
Are you using a USB2 stick?
Did you try *all* USB2 ports?

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back