Contribute
Register

Apple Updates Mac Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this discussion about Radeon GPUs and Polaris etc makes me realise just how lucky we have been having Nvidia producing updated drivers for their GPUs on every O/S release. OK, people might want Radeon for very valid reasons, but drivers are a real issue it seems, despite the fact the 27" iMac and Mac Pros all have AMD GPUs these days.

I kind of wonder if the macOS 10.12.1 has all the new Radeon drivers we're going to get, or if now the new MacBook Pros are announced 10.12.2 will be along shortly. What is more, I might have missed something, but what GPU is going to be powering the new Touch Bar?

:)

Last edited:
I don't want to be the party killer, but I'm pretty sure the OS X build on the new MBP won't have any different Polaris drivers. The MBP has small Polaris 11 GPUs, which had drivers for some months now. The boot to black screen issue is Hackintosh specific, so it's very unlikely Apple has addressed it.

I thought these new ones used by Apple are polaris 10 based ?

Noticing all the iWork apps are updated on App Store for compatibility with Touch Bar. iMovie update looks good.

Wonder if Apple will bring a Touch Bar to the USB keyboard ... :)
That woulo be awesome , and please a corded one

I already thought so when Apple presented the 60% performance gain yesterday, which isn't exactly impressive (the M370X is a downclocked HD 7770 in the same performance range as my ancient HD 5770).
In the meantime AMD also confirmed that by supplying some technical details: http://www.macrumors.com/2016/10/27/amd-radeon-pro-graphics-macbook-pro/

I guess it's just the best they could fit into such a small device. We all know that a Pascal based solution would be faster, but we also knew this wouldn't happen.

Its almost as if they are encouraging the Hackintosh community to grow.
Ive never
A. Been so disappointed in their recent product lines and customer direction
B. Heard over the web the amount of ripping they have been getting lately from Apple fans. Its all righty deserved.

For anyone interested in those 4K and 5K monitors (Apparently Apple used one of each), here is the link to the 4K one.

21.5 inch - 4096 x 2304

Just don't run it at native resolution if you value your peepers!
Yeah, you would need 4x magnifying glasses to read pica 12 font:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back