Contribute
Register

Apple Updates Mac Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
LG UltraFine 5K Display coming in December on Apple Store with $1299

What about this note

"Note: In addition to the discrete Radeon Pro graphics, your MacBook Pro also features integrated Intel HD Graphics 530, a great energy-saving feature for low-intensity graphics workloads."

there are hope to fix the flickering in top left screen corner on sierra can be solved?

ditto on this as well, looking forward for a solution!

I'll keep my Hackintosh, but we also have an older Macbook Pro which can't be updated to Sierra (MPB 15" Early 2008) - at least not without hassle.

El Capitan will do for a while, but eventually we'll want to buy a new 15" Macbook. 13" is too small, and it seems in the future all 15" MBPs will feature expensive CPUs and GPUs. Don't get me wrong, the MBP should be fast, have retina screen, but for "everyday" users that want a Mac and not generic PC laptop, Apple doesn't offer any reasonably priced 15" Macbook. And I won't even mention 17" Macbooks of course.

A 15" Macbook Air would be enough for us. But I guess that won't happen. I still keep my 12 year old 15" 1440x1050 non-widescreen Acer Ferrari laptop around - for writing documents (Word 2003!) modern laptops seem too small, I could never replace our 15" Macbook with a 13". And 15" looks ridiculously priced at least in Sweden. (Again, if you need fast CPU and GPU, fine, they could be worth the price)

Maybe there still is hope for the Sierra 530 graphic glitch. :) I just don't understand why it wouldn't have been addressed already in the 12.1 update of Sierra?

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 12.50.40 PM.png

Prices for the new Late 2016 Macbook Pro line are really getting crazy expensive. I priced out the 15 inch MBP, maxed out for Pro use and here's what it came to. Add in a $1300 + 5K LG display available in December and you'd need a 2nd mortgage loan to buy one of these setups. Comes close to 6,000 USD when you add FCP X and an extra year of Apple Care. Also no option to go above the minimal 16 GB of ram for Pro use ??? o_O I suppose that they are swapping out memory to the fast PCI-e SSD to compensate.
TRS 2016-10-27 at 2.55.03 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Noticing all the iWork apps are updated on App Store for compatibility with Touch Bar. iMovie update looks good.

Wonder if Apple will bring a Touch Bar to the USB keyboard ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back