Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

iMessage worked for me on Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.4 after following the guide. Thank you!
That's good - Thanks for your feedback :thumbup:

IMG_1311.jpg
Hello guys. I have followed every steps and i selected iMac 14,1 but when I checked on the site Everymac it said that ID is for 14,3. Will that be a problem ?

Thanks

I have followed every steps and i selected iMac 14,1 but when I checked on the site Everymac it said that ID is for 14,3. Will that be a problem ?

No, that's ok.

FINALLY I have iMessage working. Thank you. Rather than upgrading from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 I thought I'd do a clean install and see if I could get iMessage working. Setup below.

After trying this idiot's guide several times in the past I FINALLY picked up on this one line:
If you follow the guide and get a failed ROM in iMessageDebug you may need to install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts with the Clover installer. This seems to particularly apply to those with 100 series motherboards.

I figured out how to install EmuVariableUefi-64, could not figure out how to do the RC Scripts thing, but no matter, it worked. The ROM finally showed up in iMessageDebug. Now I just have to fix the audio in FaceTime. I sound like Darth Vader to the person I'm calling and they sound like Alvin the Chipmunk.

GA-Z170N-WiFi, i5 6400, GTX 670

After trying this idiot's guide several times in the past I FINALLY picked up on this one line:
If you follow the guide and get a failed ROM in iMessageDebug you may need to install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts with the Clover installer. This seems to particularly apply to those with 100 series motherboards.

Funny how it works when you actually follow the instructions.

I figured out how to install EmuVariableUefi-64, could not figure out how to do the RC Scripts thing

FYI :

RC.png

Good luck with the Star Wars Chipmunks.

Edit : I have now added the image to the guide.

Last edited:
Back