Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

Followed the guide multiple times and can't get it working, "Ocurred an error during activation"

The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

The guide is practically flawless. i will say though, which hopefully im not the only one, or it could just be something related to how my plist is setup, but i came to discover if i try to use a system definition other than what it defaulted to (which in the case of my board like im sure many others) being imac 27" late 2013, then i cant fully boot my system. even in correcting it to what would actually be the late 2014 model based on the cpu i have. it will boot but i have no graphics i may experiment with it later on since i have a backup efi boot partition on another hdd whenever i brick my actual drive. but just thought i would make mention if it hasnt been said already

Thank you, Pilgrim! Updated/refreshed my hackintosh hw and generated a new imessage identity. Works flawlessly.

YOU ARE A GOD! Thank you sooooo much! It's finally working!

Are this the exact files I need to delete for step 1? Just double checking as there are not the literal exact name as you state in your guide. I mean for example I don't have any file that begins with "com.apple.ids.service" as stated on this guide but I do have "com.apple.ids.subservices" and "com.apple.identityservicesd".

Also, btw, this should work on Sierra 10.12.4, right?

Oh and one last thing, on the GitHub page of SimpleMLB.sh it says "DEPRECATED - Use https://github.com/theracermaster/MacGen instead", should we pay any attention to that or just ignore it and use the one you provided?
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

Did this 3x times to the letter on Sierra 10.12.4 and it didn't work unfortunately :(.

Did this on 10.12.4 and it immediately locked my iCloud account on all my other (real) Apple devices. Lots of hoops to jump through to unlock. Back to reading some more and seeing how to get this sorted.

[Edit] But thanks for the guide - didn't mean to come across as negative!

Last edited:
Back