Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

Hello, just wanted to say that this was the first Guide ever about iMessage which really worked !

You won't believe it but I could still get my old Account working (which didn't work on my last 10 attempts with different Mac Versions).

Just wonderful, now I just need to get a supported Graphics Card and I'm fine :)

Thanks for this Guide, it's totally noob-friendly and the important thing -> IT WORKS !

greeTz,
MarkusP87

Hello, just wanted to say that this was the first Guide ever about iMessage which really worked !

You won't believe it but I could still get my old Account working (which didn't work on my last 10 attempts with different Mac Versions).

Just wonderful, now I just need to get a supported Graphics Card and I'm fine :)

Thanks for this Guide, it's totally noob-friendly and the important thing -> IT WORKS !

greeTz,
MarkusP87
Thanks for the feedback - Good to know that it helped you out :thumbup:

My iMessage signs in for a second before kicking me out and throwing the customer code error yet again. Any ideas why? i Followed this guide to spot on and im using iMac17,1 definition

The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

Hey guys, worked like a charm on my build, using EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts, and iMac17,1
Asus Z170M-Plus
i7 7700K
Zotac GeForce GTX 650

Anyway, thank you P1LGRIM, for your guide and help!

Hey guys, worked like a charm on my build, using EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts, and iMac17,1
Asus Z170M-Plus
i7 7700K
Zotac GeForce GTX 650

You're welcome - Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Asus Z170M-Plus
i7 7700K
Zotac GeForce GTX 650

Have you had any issues with the graphics card using iMac 17,1? I ask because the system shipped with Radeon graphics so I'm wondering if NVIDIA is supported? Apparently the card I'm running is a bit finicky (Asus 750ti).

Looking forward to giving this guide a go tonight.

Installed and working! I had to use iMac14,1 even though my processor matches 17,1 as display was not working with that config (even with nvda_drv=1). The help thread mentions a suspicion that the Apple servers sometimes check the processor against model so hopefully will continue working without issue.

... Although I do now see that there is kext to fix the graphics device policy on 17,1 so I'll probably give that a run-through and reset iMessage again tonight.

Thanks @P1LGRIM for the great guide!

Have you had any issues with the graphics card using iMac 17,1? I ask because the system shipped with Radeon graphics so I'm wondering if NVIDIA is supported? Apparently the card I'm running is a bit finicky (Asus 750ti).

A little bit late response, but i think i installed as 14,1, then after installing the Nvidia 650 fixes, i changed it to 17,1 to get the Skylake processor info on About my Mac (although it ended showing up as Intel Xeon and i couldn't be bothered to fix it).
But my install has been working flawlessly. Anyway, if you have any other questions, feel free to pm me or follow up somewhere else so we don't hijack the thread ;)

Back