Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

I am not quite sure about this but surely if you log into your iCloud account on a different machine, as long as you didn't delete your messages, all your messages past and present will be presented to you - something to do with 'Continuity' - the same messages popping up on your other Apple Devices also???

thanks Pilgrim, very clear guide. Followed with ease, tho have not reconnected internet and tested yet - thought I'd sleep on it, double check everything tmrw. Meanwhile, two questions, general, not help per se:

In several comments in this thread, I see references to SimpleMBL, but don't see this anywhere in the guide. Is this something that has been updated out, and does MBL created by "Generate New" in Clover Configurator now obviate what SimpleMLB previously did? or have I missed something?

Also, I run two Hackintoshes as music work stations, and don't use that many Apple services on these, including not using iMessage. But I also have legit MacBookAir, iPad Pro and iPhone, and I run all these and my Hacks on the same AppleID, mainly for iCloud syncing of Safari bookmarks/passwords, Notes, Reminders, etc.

Two-three times all my devices have suddenly gone nuts, rejecting AppleID logins (Apple ID or Password not correct"). Even using 2FA each time it was a major PIA to get all devices sorted with new password and all working. One such incident the other day prompted me to look at Clover SMBIOS and related stuff in one of my Hacks, and I found it all looked pretty messed up, which led me to your guide.

This got me wondering, do you suppose something like App Store OS updates or other non-iMessage Apple Service activity from a hack with messed up Serial Number, smUUID, etc, might have triggered AppleID/password rejections?

Thanks again

In several comments in this thread, I see references to SimpleMBL, but don't see this anywhere in the guide. Is this something that has been updated out, and does MBL created by "Generate New" in Clover Configurator now obviate what SimpleMLB previously did? or have I missed something?
The guide is Post #1 only.
SimpleMLB was originally used to generate MLB numbers but Clover Configurator is able to provide this function now.

This got me wondering, do you suppose something like App Store OS updates or other non-iMessage Apple Service activity from a hack with messed up Serial Number, smUUID, etc, might have triggered AppleID/password rejections?
I have no idea.

Not sure what happened. Everything was working great for a few weeks and all of a sudden, Messages keeps crashing. SMS messages also wouldn't send from my iPhone. I rebooted my iPhone and SMS is working again but Messages is very unstable. I went back and verified my serial number is still valid and doesn't show up as assigned on Apple's support website. What could be causing this? Is it possible another hackamac is using the same random ID I picked and we're conflicting? If I look for a new valid random ID to replace my current, do I need to do something first before putting it into my plist through Clover?
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

I have a strange issue. I was able to log into iMessage and FaceTime by getting my ethernet as eth0. I can send/receive both texts and iMessage, however I can only receive texts. iMessage receiving is not working. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Furthermore, my iMessage history does not sync. It's possible these two issues are related.
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

Thanks a lot P1LGRIM!
Following your guide I have successfully switched from an iMac 14,2 to a MacPro 6,1 config with continuous working Messages & iCloud.

i can get a serail number reconigzed in everyMac for macbookPro 15.2 every one get unknown even checkcoverage say its valid serial number

For those who followed every steps of the tutorial but still unable to login iMessage&Facetime

Try this: Add AptioInputFix-64.efi to Clover folder "drivers64UEFI"

For so many years trying and redoing this tutorial, signing out, deleting caches&preferences, getting new SN...

This is the first time ever I get them working.

You can simply add it from Clover configurator/Install Drivers tab and reboot

Quick note: It says it's for fixing AMI bios board's keyboard to support FileVault2, maybe this is why some users with AMI boards never get IM and FT working since nobody ever mentioned about this?

For those who followed every steps of the tutorial but still unable to login iMessage&Facetime

Try this: Add AptioInputFix-64.efi to Clover folder "drivers64UEFI"

Thanks that worked! Like you I have tried many things and after doing this today it just worked. I though that I was stuck with the error code forever.

Martin

Back