Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

P1LGRIM I must say of all the guides on this site, and I must say they're are tons , but this is one of the best written of them all, step by step line by line, Thankyou for your service to the community truly a Gentleman & a Scholar.

P1LGRIM I must say of all the guides on this site, and I must say they're are tons , but this is one of the best written of them all, step by step line by line, Thankyou for your service to the community truly a Gentleman & a Scholar.
Thanks for the compliment :thumbup:

Thanks,i will try later.

Hi P1LGRIM,

So I just did a full clean install of Sierra on my system via Shilohh's updated clover for R4E. So far so good, but now I am gearing up to start transferring things over and I wanted to give myself the best shot at getting iMessage/Facetime working. My current Yosemite SSD has been having non-stop issues with iCloud, etc. When I tried contacting Apple they sent me to a higher level person and he asked a lot of suspicious questions. Basically it looks like I had several "phantom" hacks showing on their side. I guess with all my previous installs and logins to iCloud with Mavs, Yosemite and my previous hacks. So because of this I don't want to do a User Migration at all. Better to just deactivate/uninstall my necessary apps and reinstall them on the new clean Sierra SSD.

Do you have any advice on best practices to remove any iCloud related stuff before trying to setup iCloud/IM/FT on my new Sierra SSD?

BTW - I did check my new Serial according to the guide and everything looks good there.

Thanks!

Do you have any advice on best practices to remove any iCloud related stuff before trying to setup iCloud/IM/FT on my new Sierra SSD?
See Post #1.

i followed this guide to the T and i have a working iMessage on my Sierra

thx a lot and happy new year

i followed this guide to the T and i have a working iMessage on my Sierra

thx a lot and happy new year
That's good to know - And the same to you and yours :thumbup:

Hi P1LGRIM,

So I followed the guide to a T and got to part where I needed to run iMessageDebug. I noticed a strange message though where the SmUUID says Failed. In the output, the System-ID: failed as well.

I tried going through the guide three times and doing the uuidgen repeatedly to create new SmUUID and Board Serial. Same result on all three attempts at running iMessageDebug.

*** Edit - apparently I had a customID in the System parameters. Removed that and iMessageDebug gave proper output.

Alas...after setting up iCloud on my system...Got the dreaded Contact Apple Support Code.

Last edited:
Just came across these instructions and they are awesome! Finally got messages and FaceTime working! Thanks!

Just came across these instructions and they are awesome! Finally got messages and FaceTime working! Thanks!
Well done - Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Back