Contribute
Register

Alienware 17 (mid 2013) - macOS Sierra Installation help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK will try for audio and get back to you. Can you please tell me where to go for Nvidia graphics issue. I installed the web drivers but I m getting a garbled screen on startup. I used the patch for IOGraphicsFamily from the common problems in sierra link. But still no luck.

But just for reference, I have a Realtek alc1336 audio, with 3 jacks. If I can get a proper solution for this then I would be helpful because my card also has dolby support.

OK will try for audio and get back to you. Can you please tell me where to go for Nvidia graphics issue. I installed the web drivers but I m getting a garbled screen on startup. I used the patch for IOGraphicsFamily from the common problems in sierra link. But still no luck.

But just for reference, I have a Realtek alc1336 audio, with 3 jacks. If I can get a proper solution for this then I would be helpful because my card also has dolby support.

No experience/advice for Nvidia. I have no such hardware and have no plans to purchase it.

installed alc668 with audio id 3 but no luck

Let's see what you actually did...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

You can see clearly in the kextcache output that the audio kexts are corrupt (amongst other problems):
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleHDAController.kext
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]:     _gAudioStackDebugFlags
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController; omitting from prelinked kernel.

How do I fix that? I re patched it with appleHDApatcher by dragging alc668 folder to it.
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleHDAController.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext - dependency 'com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore' not found.
Prelink failed for com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2; omitting from prelinked kernel.
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: C36018B83F2D77E7DDC58FF9C5AA36CF
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

How do I fix that? I re patched it with appleHDApatcher by dragging alc668 folder to it.
Code:
Prelink failed for com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: C36018B83F2D77E7DDC58FF9C5AA36CF
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Restore AppleHDA.kext to vanilla. Start over on your AppleHDA process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back