Contribute
Register

Alienware 17 (mid 2013) - macOS Sierra Installation help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have to install both BrcmPatchRAM2, BrcmNonPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo. I think I don't need to install BrcmFirmwareData

Please tell me the sequence if I m wrong.

Thanks in Advance. Peace.

You probably don't need BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext, but it won't hurt if you install it. You can look at the Info.plist to see if the devices it handles matches yours (unlikely).

Just checked, when I copied BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Others, my bluetooth started working.

But, still no luck with WiFi.
Please help me.

WiFi is not detected in System Preferences.

Reinstalled macOS Sierra. Then installed five kexts:
>FakePCIID.kext
>FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
>BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
>BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
>BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

Still no luck :(

Please help

Thanks in Advance

Provide details on the issue and...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thankyou!!!! Rehabman. Atleast I got my wifi and bluetooth working. Please now can you help me with my sound and Nvidia graphics.

No experience with Nvidia graphics. Audio is covered in the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back