Contribute
Register

Alienware 13 R3 HDMI/DisplayPort Video Output - 2nd Monitor Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries, great to hear from the man behind the write up, you are a life saver!

Say, I am currently restoring from a time machine backup. I can't for some reason get Atheros E2200 to show as Ethernet under Network. In fact, I can't add Ethernet at all after several attempts to kext the ethernet port with V2.2. Then again, I am a noob. I just need this to access the Apple Store.

Also, were you able to shut down your machine? Mine just reboots.... boo!

Everything else works like a charm, safe for the occasional boot hickup, where I just restart the laptop and after one or two attempts it will boot fine. I can live with that really :)

No worries, great to hear from the man behind the write up, you are a life saver!

Say, I am currently restoring from a time machine backup. I can't for some reason get Atheros E2200 to show as Ethernet under Network. In fact, I can't add Ethernet at all after several attempts to kext the ethernet port with V2.2. Then again, I am a noob. I just need this to access the Apple Store.

Also, were you able to shut down your machine? Mine just reboots.... boo!

Everything else works like a charm, safe for the occasional boot hickup, where I just restart the laptop and after one or two attempts it will boot fine. I can live with that really :)

Reset your network card detection by deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

it will redetect your network cards and should/might/maybe work.

Also, the shutdown issue has plagued my machines frequently. I think it is fixable but i haven't gotten around to researching fixes because it has been low priority.

I just realized this is pretty off-topic, start a new thread if you have anything else you want to mention I'll try to respond there.

Roger that, thanks a mil! Will open a thread called "Alienware R3 13 Ethernet Issues" in case I can't solve it. Thanks for your time am patience :)

Would it be ok to get in touch with you through PM? I can't PM you yet as I am a noob on this forum :)

Would it be ok to get in touch with you through PM? I can't PM you yet as I am a noob on this forum :)
as per rules:

• Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

Hi Guys,

Any chance to get some help for Hackintosh dualboot my Alienware 13 R3 i7 7700HQ? ram 32 2400htz?

i tryed to make it with ur guys config but it's not working, sierra is not running it block on the apple

Has anyone here gotten the GeForce 1060 working? I've got 530 graphics just fine, and the nVidia web drivers are loading, but it's showing me that no devices are detected in the Nvidia Preferences. Any clues? :)

Has anyone here gotten the GeForce 1060 working? I've got 530 graphics just fine, and the nVidia web drivers are loading, but it's showing me that no devices are detected in the Nvidia Preferences. Any clues? :)

Discrete card in dual-GPU switched/routed configuration (such as Nvidia Optimus) not supported.
See FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back