Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock z97
CPU
i7 4690k
Graphics
GT760
Hello all,

I recently had to use a week old backup I made of my OSX Mavericks SSD and everything is working fine (for now) with Clover as bootloader.
But I had to reinstall clover as well as replacing some kexts with newer versions (VoodooHDA, or USBGeneric for example).

Before the OSX SSD corrupted I had a working (seperate) Windows 10 SSD alongside that Mavericks Install. Now I want to plug that Windows 10 SSD back in again alongside the Mavericks for use, but am not sure if it will cause issues on the new clover system. Is there a chance I might screw up the working Mavericks SSD when adding the Windows 10 SSD to the mix again?

I don't need to have Windows 10 bootable through clover by the way, I just need it to work without interfering with the OSX disk.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I recently had to use a week old backup I made of my OSX Mavericks SSD and everything is working fine (for now) with Clover as a bootloader.
But I had to reinstall clover for the backup as well as replacing some kexts with newer versions (VoodooHDA, or USBGeneric for example).

Before the backup was necessary I had a working (seperate) Windows 10 SSD alongside that Mavericks Install I made a backup of. Now I want to plug that same SSD in again for use, but am not sure if it will cause issues on the backed up and new clover system. Is there a chance I might screw up the working Mavericks install when adding the Windows 10 disk to the mix again?

I don't need to have Windows 10 bootable through clover by the way, I just need it to work without interfering with OSX.
If you have an empty optical drive bay suggest you get one of these - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P2PNOOM/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 and one of these - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MMDJBYE/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Whichever OS you want to boot right now goes in the first, the other OS drives go in the second. You never have to worry about one OS messing up the drives of the other OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back