Contribute
Register

ADD WINDOWS 10 BOOT EFI AFTER INSTALLED OS X & CLOVER UEFI Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right Steps

FIX For Only Windows Loading :
After these steps is quite possible that your Notebook/PC is only Booting Windows Partition or drive , to fix it follow theses steps:

1. Go to Bios Setting.
  2. Found option like "Add NEW Boot Entry" [ option only available after setting boot mode to UFEI ]
  3. Add Name (Your Choice) & Path = " EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi "
  4. Save setting and reboot again into BIOS.
  5. Move Your this new Boot Entry in Top of Your Boot Mode or Boot Priority .
  6. Save BIOS Setting and Restart Normally.
Thanks rishi211292. I have done all other steps. I have a "GIGABYTE - Motherboard - GA-Z77X-UP4 TH (rev. 1.0)" board and there seems to be no option to add boot entries in bios. Is there a work around this.
Thanks in advance.

Hey all... one question i upgradet to a new system but the new board (Asrock X99 Extreme 4) only sees my windows boot efi and not clover anymore.... any ideas to get this back on my ols msi z97 i could choose UEFI: corsair and UEFI: Windows ... but it only 'sees' windows on the new board

(Changes all kext and config file, i can boot from USB with clover)

Hey all... one question i upgradet to a new system but the new board (Asrock X99 Extreme 4) only sees my windows boot efi and not clover anymore.... any ideas to get this back on my ols msi z97 i could choose UEFI: corsair and UEFI: Windows ... but it only 'sees' windows on the new board

(Changes all kext and config file, i can boot from USB with clover)
CSM enabled or disabled?
Boot setting for Windows or Other OS?

Hi Logan

I accidentally replace EFI/MICROSOFT on the Window HD instead of Mac HD. Therefore, I cannot start the window and it turn blue as shown below

IMG_9105.jpg

Then I try to copy all of those Microsoft from other computer but I cannot copy some certain file e.g. BCD.Log as shown below

IMG_9106.jpg

Many Thanks !

*UPDATE #2

So I was able to replace my motherboard with a Gigabyte Gaming 7 LGA 1150 am happy to say that both Sierra and Windows 10 are up and running. I literally just plugged the drives in set up the new board BIOS according to the installation thread and bam everything is back up. =) I'm beginning to think that for me it was a MOBO issue but at this point since everything seems to be running fine, I won't question anything else.

Grrr, I was hoping you had found a solution (other than swapping motherboard).

Dual boot Win 10, and El Cap set up using this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-ga-h87n-wifi-with-gt-740.172400/

Everything was great until installing the Summer 2016 Win 10 update. It overwrote the efi boot, and from then on would only boot into win 10 unless I booted from USB. Swapped out bootmgfw-org.efi, and now boots to clover, but if I select either NTFS partition, it only shows a flashing cursor. The HFS partition boots fine.

Tried setting BIOS to legacy only, and still boots to clover, same issue.

So, the question is... How can I fix the boot loader and get back to windows? If I get back there, I'll just clone windows over to another drive, and skip dual booting on the same drive from now on.

Follow this guide will get you back into windows in no time. It saved my windows drive last time i messed up my windows efi partition.

Thanks for the link. I was preparing for the worst and backed up the Mac partition just in case I had to start over, and then I undid the change I made to the EFI partition that allowed OSX to boot, and suddenly all boot options work. Win 10 and OSX boot properly from Clover again. Wish I had a clue why, but it works.

Now I have a problem with Bios Set Up. I am using GIGABYTE - UEFI DualBios Z97X-UD3H-BK. I can only boot into 1 OS system when I set a different WINDOWS 8 FEATURES in Bios Feature set up
  • Only can boot into MacOSX Sierra
    • Windows 8 Features ---> Other OS
      • Boot Mode Selection ---> UEFI Only
      • LAN PXE Boot Option ROM ----> Disabled
      • Storage Boot Option Control ----> UEFI Only
    • Other PCI Device ROM Priority ---> UEFI OpROM
    • Network stack ---> Disabled
  • Only can boot into Window 10
    • Windows 8 Features ----> Windows 8
      • CSM Support ---> Never
    • Network stack ---> Disabled
Anyone could enlighten me on this setting ?

Many thanks !

Follow this guide will get you back into windows in no time. It saved my windows drive last time i messed up my windows efi partition.
Just for feedback, this guide works for me, on this problem:
Code:
Hello guys,
I've installed El Capitan and Win10 both on the same SSD (850Evo 250GB).
Now, I've used Clonezilla to migrate my os' on a larger SSD (850Evo 500GB).
After cloning, I'm able to both just El Capitan, and Win10 returns the error 0xc0000225.

Using diskutil list there are just 4 partitions:
- EFI (osx)
- OS X (osx)
- Recovery HD (osx)
- Window10 (ntfs)

I've followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ter-installed-os-x-clover-uefi-simple.182919/ but it doesn't work.

What could I do to fix it? I would want to avoid to install win10 from zero.

Thank you in advance!

Thanks so much, fixed it on my ThinkPad X230T! (Second System)

Hey everyone, this guide seems like a fairly straightforward method for achieving a Windows boot from Clover.

I have a very stable dual boot configuration with Windows 10 and Sierra 10.12.4. I told BIOS to start Windows by default and if I want to go to Mac I just have to press F12 (at boot) and select the OSX drive, which starts Clover. Aside from the OSX partitions (the OS one and Recovery), Clover is showing all three of my Windows drives (the SSD with the OS and two partitions on the same HDD with non-OS files), but selecting either one of those just hangs (selecting the OSX one works, obviously).

My question is related to my i7-7700 processor which is spoofed as a i7-6700 using the FakeCPUID method: after following the steps in the guide (which I haven't yet) will Clover try to boot Windows 10 with the processor showing as Skylake instead of Kaby Lake and, if so, will it boot? Thanks.

P.S.: I don't really want to be the lab rat with this one, since everything else is working flawlessly and the benefits are minimal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back