Contribute
Register

10.8.3 Problems, Stuck at Apple Splash (Spinning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those bios settings do not work on my system.

Update Chimera to 2.0.1 and like a miracle everything started working flawlessly.

I am one happy person thanks to many people on this forum and tonymacx86 for the recommend build components and guides.

I upgraded to 10.8.8 also. And am stuck o booting
how did you update chimera?

I upgraded to 10.8.8 also. And am stuck o booting
how did you update chimera?

I booted with the flash drive in safe mode like this...

-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x

So I could watch to see if it failed or paused. If it paused, I simply pulled out the usb flash drive and put it in another port and it would start again.

once I got to ML I used Safari and went to the downloads on tonymacx86 and download and ran it in ML. Shut down and restarted ML.

I hope this works for you. I know I was pulling my hair out and saying words I normally don't use. lol

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Steve

Yup, I'm telling u... Chimera 2.0.1 is the latest bootloader and Multibeast only has the outdated version (since 10.8.3 came out not long after I assume its the fix). Go to Downloads, download multibeast if you haven't already, move to USB. Then download chimera 2.0.1, Open, and click continue until it asks where to install and click your USB and finish up. Once you restart A LOT of your problems should be fixed. About to check all my peripherals now to see if they're running properly, I'll update later:wave:

*You can do this either on another MAC.. or if you're able to Install OSX to your Hard Drive w your USB but can't get past the Gray Screen w the :beachball:... restart, F12(or whatev), choose USB, and on Chimera screen highlight but DON'T click Enter unless you've typed -x (for safe mode) hopefully this should get you to the account setup and if you have a wifi adapter or ethernet hooked up you can hookup to your network and follow the steps above.

Steve,

I made one very large assumption in my post.... And that is that you had created a boot disc on a flash drive previously.

i hope you have one. If not, you'll have to do as cahedger instructed in his post.

Best of luck

Hey Everybody,

Just thought I'd bring you up to date on the build. Everything seems to be working fine, Graphics seem to push 1080p, built in audio works, Wifi is working (still have to troubleshoot my pci firewire adapter, either way I have a firewire on the front of the case) I hooked up my digi002 and so far it's working great.

Only question I have is this:

Has anybody been experiencing problems with Pro Tools? I tried installing Ptools 9 but it says 10.8.3 isn't supported:-\ I've read that only Ptools 9.0.5 or something works? Anybody else hear about this... would Ptools 7 work (I have a copy lying around here)?

Thanks again.

Hi,

I'm not sure to have understand the Chimera operation, can you confirm that :
download Multibeast and move (copy) it (the app) to the USB key
download Chimera 2.01, launchit and install it on the USB key target

What is that supposed to do ? (i'm newbie, sorry) The Chimera modify the Multibeast app ?
Then I have to use this modified app which now includes Chimera.
I'm sorry to be trivial but I'm french, I'm not sure to fully understand.

Thanks

Hey dquivilou,

I actually messed up my system by installing the USB3 Drivers in Multibeast so I had to start over. I'll keep you posted on what I learn, trying to reinstall chimera 2.0.1 to USB right now. Again, this is my first build so bear with me, I had it working for a few days and installed a few programs and got audio and my interfaces to work. Now I just have to relearn... and I'm definitely over a 6 pk.

Cheers

So I'm back with some updates... finally got my system back up (and this is my first build as well, so we're in the same boat), audio, Wifi, and USB 2, Nvidia Card, and Digi 002 Audio Interface all working great. I think this motherboard supports only 2 usb 3 ports (which are in the back, on the corsair 500r I have 2 USB3 ports on the front, but I think the motherboard uses the back ports first) and seems to register the USB 2 Drive I have plugged in the back. I'll have to convert USB3 to USB2 inside the case for my front bay to work as it supports up to 6 USB 2 and 2 USB 3. Anyways, so here's what I understand so far (and hopefully it works for you Dquivilou):

To answer your first question, I loaded ML from my SSD (in safe mode or "-x"), then I downloaded Chimera 2.0.1 to my hackintosh desktop and installed to USB (may have to allow 3rd party Apps in your security settings). My assumption is that YES it does replace Chimera that's installed w/ MultiBeast (which again, is outdated... and is probably missing kexts/drivers/plist settings necessary for 10.8.3 to function properly with your system). I'm so glad that I kept up on this thread, because it saved me when I had to rebuild it... particularly these 2 bios threads:

Bios for Graphics Card (this is the one I used for this install, the big thing that caught me was make sure "Internal Graphics" are diabled if you're using your graphics card... skipped over this little detail).

Bios for Internal Graphics (Used this method the first time and it also worked)

Also, if you're still having problems make sure you started from optimized defaults in your bios before you start and try removing hardware that isn't necessary for Hackintosh to run(I removed my firewire adapter just in case, as I have one on the front of my system integrated into my Motherboard). I'm not sure what your build is, but I can confirm everything is working... also I disable internal LAN to get my wifi adapter working. I'll check back from time to time to see how things are going. Best of luck:thumbup:

*Edit: When I finished setting all of this up, I tried to do the multibeast settings and after booting from my SSD it showed the Apple logo and looked like it was launching into the OS, but hung on a grey screen. I went back and typed in GraphicsEnabler=No after selecting my SSD and it loaded just as fast as my 1st successful install. So then I went into multibeast and went:

Customization > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=No

Again... I'll be bringing this up to my standards for Audio Engineering and let you guys know what I come across for my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back