Contribute
Register

10.10 SUCCESS GA-P55-USB3 (multibeast settings)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
Core i5
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all, this is my first "success" post. Even though Ive had my GA-P55-USB3 (rev 2.0, F8) running since 10.6, I felt this install needed a post because i couldn't find much on older boards, such as mine (1156, BIOS, no UEFI), when it came to 10.10 Yosemite.

At this point though, I haven't yet "upgraded" my current Mavericks installation, felt it was too risky without a test run. So, all ive done is plug in a new hard drive, and do a clean install using uni/multibeast, and Chimera. However, i will post back later with actual UPGRADE results. (I wanna do some more research on Clover, and decide on which bootloader to use with my final install/upgrade of/to Yosemite.)

So basically this is a post for those who are a little bit edgy about installing 10.10 Yosemite on their older P55 boards, just as i was. It IS possible! Attached is a screenshot of my Multibeast settings. I used these on both my Yosemite Unibeast USB, and Yosemite HD, post install.

With these Multibeast settings, i needed no special boot flags to get installer loaded, nor to boot from hard drive post install. (as always, if theres issue, try -x) Ill be glad to explain my reasoning behind any of my kext choices, if needed. Good luck to all!

Attachments

• success.png
    success.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,369
Motherboard
lion
CPU
i3
Graphics
Geforce 240
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You're doing better than I am with this m/b and setup. Only diff is I'm using a GT-240 video card.

I can't get it to boot with the unibeast usb drive. Even with -x, graphics enabler and other mods. It starts out but screen goes black after a short time and freezes. Right now when I try to boot from the loader I'm getting "can't find mach_kernal". That's
a new one.

I used the yosemite version with the option for the older Gigabyte boards. Is this necessary?

I'm also wondering if my version of yosemite might be the problem. I copied it from the application folder of another computer I have which is a mac mini.

Any help would be appreciated.

garry mc