Contribute
Register

10.10 SUCCESS GA-P55-USB3 (multibeast settings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
Core i5
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all, this is my first "success" post. Even though Ive had my GA-P55-USB3 (rev 2.0, F8) running since 10.6, I felt this install needed a post because i couldn't find much on older boards, such as mine (1156, BIOS, no UEFI), when it came to 10.10 Yosemite.

At this point though, I haven't yet "upgraded" my current Mavericks installation, felt it was too risky without a test run. So, all ive done is plug in a new hard drive, and do a clean install using uni/multibeast, and Chimera. However, i will post back later with actual UPGRADE results. (I wanna do some more research on Clover, and decide on which bootloader to use with my final install/upgrade of/to Yosemite.)

So basically this is a post for those who are a little bit edgy about installing 10.10 Yosemite on their older P55 boards, just as i was. It IS possible! Attached is a screenshot of my Multibeast settings. I used these on both my Yosemite Unibeast USB, and Yosemite HD, post install.

With these Multibeast settings, i needed no special boot flags to get installer loaded, nor to boot from hard drive post install. (as always, if theres issue, try -x) Ill be glad to explain my reasoning behind any of my kext choices, if needed. Good luck to all!

Attachments

• success.png
    success.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,428
You're doing better than I am with this m/b and setup. Only diff is I'm using a GT-240 video card.

I can't get it to boot with the unibeast usb drive. Even with -x, graphics enabler and other mods. It starts out but screen goes black after a short time and freezes. Right now when I try to boot from the loader I'm getting "can't find mach_kernal". That's
a new one.

I used the yosemite version with the option for the older Gigabyte boards. Is this necessary?

I'm also wondering if my version of yosemite might be the problem. I copied it from the application folder of another computer I have which is a mac mini.

Any help would be appreciated.

garry mc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back