Contribute
Register

Z87E-ITX Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my! There's been a misunderstanding!
I haven't got the board (yet). Well, I guess somebody here can do that if ASRock lets you to publish the 2.30A version, of course!
That's a very huge step, indeed! :clap:

Oh i see, so you cant test it after all that... lol

Well look on the bright side, by the time you get your board we will have this issue confirmed at least! lol

You could do me a small favour though, post that zip file I sent you to this thread so the others can try it out. Im at work so wont be able to post it until tomorrow.

Oh i see, so you cant test it after all that... lol

Well look on the bright side, by the time you get your board we will have this issue confirmed at least! lol

You could do me a small favour though, post that zip file I sent you to this thread so the others can try it out. Im at work so wont be able to post it until tomorrow.

Are you sure?
I hope ASRock will not blame you for publishing an unofficial bios!
Here it is, then!

Attachments

• Z87EITX2.30A.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 180
Are you sure?
I hope ASRock will not blame you for publishing an unofficial bios!
Here it is, then!

Well Asrock have been quiet of late, Im not sure why. But since it works as intended and will be used as the basis for the next bios update I cant see it being an issue. They have been very helpful so far and are aware of our OSX install issues, and since this fixes that issue, I cant see why their would be a problem.

If there is a problem, then I will speak to them directly using the same method as I have been these last few weeks.

Since this is a beta bios, its been supplied to test it out, Im simply enabling a few more users with the same problem to test it out instead of just one person.

This should be seen as positive. The more input I can take back to Asrock, the better.

For anyone trying out this bios, I would encourage you to report your results back here so I can feed them back to the guys at Asrock.

Well Asrock have been quiet of late, Im not sure why. But since it works as intended and will be used as the basis for the next bios update I cant see it being an issue. They have been very helpful so far and are aware of our OSX install issues, and since this fixes that issue, I cant see why their would be a problem.

If there is a problem, then I will speak to them directly using the same method as I have been these last few weeks.

Since this is a beta bios, its been supplied to test it out, Im simply enabling a few more users with the same problem to test it out instead of just one person.

This should be seen as positive. The more input I can take back to Asrock, the better.

For anyone trying out this bios, I would encourage you to report your results back here so I can feed them back to the guys at Asrock.

I totally agree. :thumbup:

Thanks WonkeyDonkey and giacomoleopardo. I will try it after December 28th.

Thanks you for your work, I'll dl your release and try it as soon as possible ;).

Boot on usb is working :headbang:.

The boot crashed 1 time after flashing the bios, but after that, it worked :clap:

Thank you a lot for your work !

IMAG0443.jpg

... aaaand, build is in ending, only wifi/bluetooth to configure.

All is working for now on, next, bench time ;P.

Edit : Seems to have a little issue. When I want to switch os on with chimera, the boot crash one time (no "asrock" banner at boot), and I have to shutdown and restart manually, it happens 1 time each time I switch os in chimera, it can be a crash, or a freeze of windows (mouse and keyboard don't work...

Boot on usb is working :headbang:.

The boot crashed 1 time after flashing the bios, but after that, it worked :clap:

Thank you a lot for your work !

View attachment 77696

... aaaand, build is in ending, only wifi/bluetooth to configure.

All is working for now on, next, bench time ;P.

Edit : Seems to have a little issue. When I want to switch os on with chimera, the boot crash one time (no "asrock" banner at boot), and I have to shutdown and restart manually, it happens 1 time each time I switch os in chimera, it can be a crash, or a freeze of windows (mouse and keyboard don't work...

This is a little odd, I haven't seen any of this. Can you confirm which bios version you are using ?

Also, is there anything in your system log that indicates the reason for crash/freeze ?

Hey WonkeyDonkey,
Thanks for all the testing you've done. Does sleep improve with 2.3a?

Got this board a few weeks ago. Installed osx on pmpatched 2.0, I'll try this out later today sometime and report back.
also curious about whether sleep could be addressed by asrock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back