Contribute
Register

Z87E-ITX Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just downloaded the new 2.30 bios from ASRock website: PMPatch does patch it, and generates output files
Code:
Last login: Thu Dec 19 22:47:32 on console
Silent-Hack-ASRock:~ Giacomo$ /Users/Giacomo/Desktop/PMPatch /Users/Giacomo/Desktop/Z87EITX2.30 /Users/Giacomo/Desktop/Z87EITXpatch2.30 
PMPatch 0.5.14
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 001DC664 patched.
AMI nest module at 002581C0 patched.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 00761200 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.
Silent-Hack-ASRock:~ Giacomo$
That means MSR 0xE2 module in bios is still locked, and in order to run Mavericks with native Kernel, flashing bios procedure is still required

Well 2.30a works for me without patching. Would you like to confirm it for me if i send it by pm or email ?

On a fun note, the guys at iFixit have just done a teardown of the Steam Machine. Guess which mobo they found inside... :thumbup:

Well 2.30a works for me without patching. Would you like to confirm it for me if i send it by pm or email ?

On a fun note, the guys at iFixit have just done a teardown of the Steam Machine. Guess which mobo they found inside... :thumbup:

Sure thing!:)

I am going to try building a new hackintosh based on Z87E-ITX next week so I could give 2.30a a go if someone is willing to share.

I've sent it to giacomoleopardo to verify it works for him, if so then yes, since Asrock have been strangely quiet the last week or so. Maybe they're stuck on the memory reporting thing lol

Just wondering if you have tried it yet, giacomoleopardo ?

I have not had an update from Asrock for a while on this, so, I will zip up the bios file and post it here tomorrow.

If nothing else, it will at least solve the power management issue and allow us to install with bios patching every time, which I think is a good step forward for us.

:thumbup:

Thanks for your efforts again!

Do you know if anyone started to put a dsdt togehter for this mobo?

TIA

I haven't looked at it yet, since we are still trying to get bios issues sorted out. Until they are done I don't see too much point in it.

What do wish wish to achieve from a DSDT ?

I've sent it to giacomoleopardo to verify it works for him, if so then yes, since Asrock have been strangely quiet the last week or so. Maybe they're stuck on the memory reporting thing lol

Just wondering if you have tried it yet, giacomoleopardo ?

Sorry for the delay, man, I've been busy, today!
So, PMPatch didn't patch anything on 2.30A here
Code:
Last login: Fri Dec 20 23:36:41 on console
Silent-Hack-ASRock:~ Giacomo$ /Users/Giacomo/Desktop/PMPatch /Users/Giacomo/Desktop/Z87EITX2.30A /Users/Giacomo/Desktop/Z87EITX2patched.30A 
PMPatch 0.5.14
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 001DC664 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
AMI nest module at 002581C0 not patched: PowerManagement modules not found in nested module.
that leads us to assume MSR 0xE2 module is no longer a problem!
As a matter of fact you reported working Mavericks, right?

Sorry for the delay, man, I've been busy, today!
So, PMPatch didn't patch anything on 2.30A here
Code:
Last login: Fri Dec 20 23:36:41 on console
Silent-Hack-ASRock:~ Giacomo$ /Users/Giacomo/Desktop/PMPatch /Users/Giacomo/Desktop/Z87EITX2.30A /Users/Giacomo/Desktop/Z87EITX2patched.30A 
PMPatch 0.5.14
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 001DC664 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
AMI nest module at 002581C0 not patched: PowerManagement modules not found in nested module.
that leads us to assume MSR 0xE2 module is no longer a problem!
As a matter of fact you reported working Mavericks, right?

Yep, thats right. Installed it without any patching then booted straight into Mavericks. I also ran the first stage of the Unibeast installer and it didn't reboot or go into bios setup, so it should be fine.

I just need someone else to confirm that's the same on their machine; a sanity check if you like.

:cool:

Keep your previous one on the usb key though, just in case....

Yep, thats right. Installed it without any patching then booted straight into Mavericks. I also ran the first stage of the Unibeast installer and it didn't reboot or go into bios setup, so it should be fine.

I just need someone else to confirm that's the same on their machine; a sanity check if you like.

:cool:

Keep your previous one on the usb key though, just in case....

Oh my! There's been a misunderstanding!
I haven't got the board (yet). Well, I guess somebody here can do that if ASRock lets you to publish the 2.30A version, of course!
That's a very huge step, indeed! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back