Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Did you read my post above?

The TP-Link card is also a PCIe card, so no it is not going to fit in your system along with a discrete graphics card. As your ITX board only has 1 x PCIe slot.

Did you read my post above?

The TP-Link card is also a PCIe card, so no it is not going to fit in your system along with a discrete graphics card. As your ITX board only has 1 x PCIe slot.
OK, thanks again and sorry the apologies, now discover this model and now think is good for my motherboard. BCM94352Z

You need to replace the current Intel WiFi/BT card mounted in the M.2 slot with a natively supported Broadcom card. One of those cards listed in the M.2 link I posted above.
No, you don't. OpenIntelWireless drivers work under Ventura. I'm currently running an off-brand AX210 Intel WiFi 6E PCI card that also supports Bluetooth 5. Granted the 802.11AX part is hobbled in the macOS kexts (but it's a speed-demon in Win 11) and is also running as a spoofed Ethernet driver with the maximum WiFi 6E band not yet enabled (or implemented) in the drivers. While the potential has yet to be seen, it DOES use triband radio for 160MHz bandwidth. They're dirt-cheap on that Jeff Bezos place if you want something faster than Broadcom's usual items.

No, you don't. OpenIntelWireless drivers work under Ventura. I'm currently running an off-brand AX210 Intel WiFi 6E PCI card that also supports Bluetooth 5. Granted the 802.11AX part is hobbled in the macOS kexts (but it's a speed-demon in Win 11) and is also running as a spoofed ethernet driver with the maximum wifi 6E band not yet enabled (or implemented) in the drivers. While the potential has yet to be seen, it DOES use triband radio for 160MHz bandwidth. They're dirt-cheap on that Jeff Bezos place if you want something faster than Broadcom's usual items.
Yes, but you don't get Airdrop, etc., working with an Intel card.

Yes, but you don't get Airdrop, etc., working with an Intel card.
While Handoff and AirPlay both work, I find it odd to depend on AirDrop as the deciding factor on whether to get one wifi card over another - especially if the one without AirDrop supports the current gen WiFi and sends/receives at well over twice rate of the one that does have AirDrop but DOESN'T support anything above 5GHz.

While Handoff and AirPlay both work, I find it odd to depend on AirDrop as the deciding factor on whether to get one wifi card over another - especially if the one without AirDrop supports the current gen WiFi and sends/receives at well over twice rate of the one that does have AirDrop but DOESN'T support anything above 5GHz.
Understandable from your perspective but some of us prefer to try our best and get our Hacks as close to a Mac that we can hence my comment - No Offence meant :wave:

Understandable from your perspective but some of us prefer to try our best and get our Hacks as close to a Mac that we can hence my comment - No Offence meant :wave:
No offense taken. Just not something I would think is essential vs throughput.

Who can tell me what value for CPUID should be added to Cpuid1Data / Cpuid1Mask in order to fake xeons installed in iMacPro and MacPro?

Who can tell me what value for CPUID should be added to Cpuid1Data / Cpuid1Mask in order to fake xeons installed in iMacPro and MacPro?

Hi there.

That will depend on which generation of Xeon you are using.

The value relates to the instruction-set of the generation rather than individual CPUs themselves.

:)

Hi there.

That will depend on which generation of Xeon you are using.

The value relates to the instruction-set of the generation rather than individual CPUs themselves.

:)
For example, I want to emulate my i5-12400F processor as a Xeon W-2170B or W-3235. What values need to be added for this?

Back