Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

I installed Big Sur version 11.2.1 and added pciroot network card information. The system reported that there was network card information in PCI, but the display driver was not loaded. Loading fakepciid + fakepciid Intel i-225v driver had no effect, and the information in Ethernet was still blank
Right. You could try this. In Big Sur 11.2.1 try enabling both kexts, plus I-225V kernel patch plus I-225V device-id of F2150000. If it doesn't work in 11.2.1 it will surely work in 11.3 (I have this in my 11.3 EFI). In 11.4 we remove only the two FakePCIIDs and keep the device-id in Device Properties and kernel patch enabled.

Right. You could try this. In Big Sur 11.2.1 try enabling both kexts, plus I-225V kernel patch plus I-225V device-id of F2150000. If it doesn't work in 11.2.1 it will surely work in 11.3 (I have this in my 11.3 EFI). In 11.4 we remove only the two FakePCIIDs and keep the device-id in Device Properties and kernel patch enabled.
The wired network card has been able to work normally, with a speed of 2.5G. The alc4082 sound card does not know how to work normally. It has just been tested and found that the CPU performance is low, about single core 1300 and multi-core 8000.

The wired network card has been able to work normally, with a speed of 2.5G. The alc4082 sound card does not know how to work normally. It has just been tested and found that the CPU performance is low, about single core 1300 and multi-core 8000.
ALC4080 should probably be set to alcid=1. If not you will need to manually test each id.

For boosting the system performance, try using iMacPro1,1 and enabling XMP1, plus AppleXCPMForceboost.

ALC4080 should probably be set to alcid=1. If not you will need to manually test each id.

For boosting the system performance, try using iMacPro1,1 and enabling XMP1, plus AppleXCPMForceboost.
Use iMacPro1,1. Is it that USB3.0 can't work? The current problem is the sound card, USB3.0. Can USB3.0 be operated with tools that support customizing USB drivers in Windows environment? And can the lightning interface also be driven?

The multi-core score is lower than single core ? How is that possible ? For 12th gen i9 CPUs they should be closer to about 1,900 single core and 15,000 multi-core. Scores will be higher with a CPU overclock and faster DDR5 memory. Don't know how they got these numbers.

View attachment 534460
I compared both of these results. The guy experiments with the BIOS settings. This unusual result has reached manipulating Core. The last BIOS is probably beta. And finally a strange amount of RAM (10.37 GB)

Z690 AQUA OC.png

Is it to turn on the P core, e core and hyper thread, and then use your file to test whether you can enter the system normally?
These are experiments to have all P+E cores and hyperthreading under OS X, by declaring P-cores and E-cores as two different processors. But that can only work is x86_validate_topology() checks each fake CPU individually (8C/16T or 6C/12T + 8C/8T or 4C/4T) and does not mind the asymmetric multiprocessing setup.
I'm waiting for someone with a working Alder Lake system to try the alternate SSDT for his CPU and report the result (kernel panic or… success?).

Use imacpro1,1. Is it that USB3.0 can't work? The current problem is the sound card, USB3.0. Can USB3.0 be operated with tools that support customizing USB drivers in Windows environment? And can the lightning interface also be driven?
Glad to know you succeeded! :clap:
ALC4080 works through USB, so you first need a USBMap. Since you have Big Sur 11.2.1, you can disable UsbInjectAll.kext, enable the XhciPortLimit quirk and map from OS X with USBMap or Hackintool. Turning off most USB 2 ports, except internal sound, internal Bluetooth and some port for keyboard+mouse, should allow to use USB 3 ports.

These are experiments to have all P+E cores and hyperthreading under OS X, by declaring P-cores and E-cores as two different processors. But that can only work is x86_validate_topology() checks each fake CPU individually (8C/16T or 6C/12T + 8C/8T or 4C/4T) and does not mind the asymmetric multiprocessing setup.
I'm waiting for someone with a working Alder Lake system to try the alternate SSDT for his CPU and report the result (kernel panic or… success?).

ALC4080 works through USB, so you first need a USBMap. Since you have Big Sur 11.2.1, you can disable UsbInjectAll.kext, enable the XhciPortLimit quirk and map from OS X with USBMap or Hackintool. Turning off most USB 2 ports, except internal sound, internal Bluetooth and some port for keyboard+mouse, should allow to use USB 3 ports.
I just used the usbtoolbox to customize the USB driver in the Windows environment, and then load it. After startup, it will get stuck in the interface in the picture. I don't know whether the z690 doesn't support such customization of USB driver. I'll test the SSDT you uploaded later to see how the results are

Attachments

• (FHCNKY4IUGLP]DJOG4(@%S.jpg
    (FHCNKY4IUGLP]DJOG4(@%S.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 42

Use the SSDT with your z2690 + 12900 name, open the P + e + hyper thread in the BIOS, and the interface stuck in the picture

Attachments

• 14ed30d63a60165bce206ca6baeb431.jpg
    14ed30d63a60165bce206ca6baeb431.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 53
Use the SSDT with your z2690 + 12900 name, open the P + e + hyper thread in the BIOS, and the interface stuck in the picture
Your choice to boot macOS right now is either:

1) 8 P cores on + 8 e cores on - hyperthreading off
2) 8 P cores on + 8 e cores off - hyperthreading on
3) 8 P cores on _ 8 e cores off - hyperthreading off

Choose one to boot.

Oh yes!

Here I'm playing Foundation on tv+ app on iPhone 13, but AirPlaying it to this Z690 Hackintosh (Monterey 12.0.1). Furthermore, the photo was AirDropped from the same iPhone 13 to this Hackintosh.

yeah!!! btw Foundation ... great series! OT: What Marantz are you using? Is it 2ch?

Did you try also Sidecar functions with iMac20,x smbios?

Back