Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Thanks to @tecnicasopr for point out the following from vit9696:​
  • Specifically, PBlockAddress in Processor objects is ignored by macOS and read from MADT directly. So it's "cosmetic".
  • This explains why @rushstrike is able to boot macOS with 0x00001810 although the actual PBlockAddress address for his board is something else.
  • Therefore we can use a single SSDT-CPUR-Z690.aml for all boards.
Thanks indeed for the updated information! (Not that much customisation work was required anyway…)

During this learning and optimization phase of the build, the EFI configuration for Z690 Aero G is undergoing frequent updates. Here's the current ACPI section:
SSDT-IMEI? :eek: I though this was only for Ivy Bridge Xeons and older.
And there is already an _SB.PC00.HECI with _ADR 0x00160000 which should be the IMEI.

Last edited:
is the loading order of .aml's determined by the order in which they are listed in OC configurator?
Yes, it depends on the plist order, but SSDT-CPUR-Z690 only needs to come before SSDT-PLUG, because PLUG depends on the fake processor objects defined by CPUR. Like Apple ALC, VirtualSMC and WhateverGreen depend on Lilu, and must be listed after Lilu, but kexts which do not depend on Lilu (IntelMausi and other networking, USB map,…) can come before Lilu if you want.

Listing SSDTs in alphabetical order, as done by ProperTree on a clean snapshot, will take care of this dependency. There is no need to intervene because SSDT-AWAC comes before SSDT-CPUR. ;)

Unfortunately, I got the halt. WhateverGreen found igfx (but it's off in BIOS).
That might be a problem. I left mine enabled and set the AAPL,ig-platform-id as 0000CB95 otherwise system won't progress. If you're using the AMD dGPU I'd also advise to add agdpmod=pikera in boot-args for Big Sur/Monterey.

I tried myself ALC897 on a Z590 ... and it doesn't seem to be compatible with AppleALC at the moment... even if it's reported to be by Dortania's guide.
Try layout 66
Or look in AppleALC history how the mobo MSI Z490-A Pro ALC897 gets compatibility

Unfortunately, I got the halt. WhateverGreen found igfx (but it's off in BIOS).

That might be a problem. I left mine enabled and set the AAPL,ig-platform-id as 0000CB95 otherwise system won't progress. If you're using the AMD dGPU I'd also advise to add agdpmod=pikera in boot-args for Big Sur/Monterey.
We can also keep iGPU enabled, but add this to OpenCore boot args: -wegnoigpu

The next one... legacy shim 2. Disk search error?
I had to turn off HT and 2 E-cores to reach this milestone.

Attachments

• IMG_4559.jpg
    IMG_4559.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
The next one... legacy shim 2. Disk search error?
I had to turn off HT and 2 E-cores to reach this milestone.
Some questions/comments:
  • Are you using USB mouse and keyboard?
  • USBInjectAll should be disabled at this time.
  • XhciPortLimit kernel quirk should be enabled at this time.

Some questions/comments:
  • Are you using USB mouse and keyboard?
  • USBInjectAll should be disabled at this time.
  • XhciPortLimit kernel quirk should be enabled at this time.
USB mouse and PS/2 keyboard
I'll try to disable and enable, thanks.

Back