Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Those seem to be Apple image to text errors!!! Here's the photo.

Shame on me, shouldn't have even posted that in the first place.
The boot log seems to contain more AppleACPIPlatform log messages than before. Can you run this command and post the output file bootlog3.txt?
Bash:
log show --last boot | head -2000 > ~/Documents/bootlog3.txt

The boot log seems to contain more AppleACPIPlatform log messages than before. Can you run this command and post the output file bootlog3.txt?
Bash:
Sure thing. I might have been in the middle of something when I uploaded the previous bootlog. Here's a fresh start and a display of what's going on with my EFI which is also attached in case my explanation is too vague. I've been going through semi-systematically to see if dropping odd ball tables would help.
Add.png

Delete.png
Patch.png

Attachments

• bootlog3.txt
    352.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Nata EFI.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Sure thing. I might have been in the middle of something when I uploaded the previous bootlog. Here's a fresh start and a display of what's going on with my EFI which is also attached in case my explanation is too vague. I've been going through semi-systematically to see if dropping odd ball tables would help.
Unfortunately this bootlog also terminates early (i.e. AppleACPIPlatform logs terminate suddenly and too early). Are other MSI Z690 owners facing the same crash on second wake from sleep?

Unfortunately this bootlog also terminates early (i.e. AppleACPIPlatform logs terminate suddenly and too early). Are other MSI Z690 owners facing the same crash on second wake from sleep?

Solved it. Repeated sleep works. USB isn't waking but I'll get there.

Looks like we're lucky on this board. No patches required for wake from USB. Simply enable it in bios and follow the procedure below. Triple sleep works.

In bios you have to go to EZ Mode with F7 to disable TPM 2.0. Then Save without restarting and shutdown with the power switch on the PSU. Otherwise it will restart and revert to the last known setting that worked.

Admittedly the bios is a little tricky to navigate. When I get around to filling out my build post I'll document this well. Theres lots of flying between menus. I've only been on Asus and MSI and I've gotta give it to ASUS.

Boot time has sped up significantly. It's possible the errors we saw in verbose boot are still there but I haven't spotted them during the fast crawl as it no longer stalls there.

Update the errors are still there it simply doesn't stall on them. No adverse effects so far.

There are still 4 unsupported modules in the bootlog that aren't problematic but I'd love to know what they are because...science?

Attachments

• bootlog3.txt
    355.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Having the same freezing issue now on 2 different z690 systems using the provided EFI (v9) which is leading me to think there's something wrong in me making my configs. Can I ask in here or should I start a new thread?

Having the same freezing issue now on 2 different z690 systems using the provided EFI (v9) which is leading me to think there's something wrong in me making my configs. Can I ask in here or should I start a new thread?

Have you tried comparing to the other working setups? Is your USB mapped out?

Hey friends. In an effort to not provide misinformation to the forum I'm asking if anyone would have interest in looking over my new build post. I've been under the weather a bit and having trouble sleeping so there might be typos and redundancies. I've been editing away but they'll still persist more than usual.

I have seen so many times people use things like ThunderboltReset or TBForcePower and I feel like I was part of the blame, sorry Casey! I dont want to contribute to that madness in anyway.

Much appreciated. Can take criticism super well.

Last edited:
In case anyone was trying to pry open the asus backplate to remove m.2 wifi module to replace it with a Broadcom module. You need to pry open the 2 brackets from both side see picture.
Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 9.38.36 AM.png

another note is DDR5 Hynix chips seems to overclock great! I recently got the Kingston ddr5 32gb 5600mhz CL40 kit. I was able to go from:
5600mhz 40-40-40-80 to 6000mhz 36-38-38-52 by upping VDDQ to 1.35 V, VDD 1.35V, and System Agent to manual 1.35 V.

**update**
Kept same ram overclock and set all voltages back to stock xmp 1.25V VDD and 1.25V VDDQ, system agent back to auto and system passes 4/4 on memtest86! Wondering if these ddr5 kits are rated very conservatively perhaps due to poor motherboard bioses earlier in the Alderlake release ?

Last edited:
Bash:

I went on a very long hunt for those Unsupported Modules.

I got it down to about 7 of them as opposed to 11. The more OEM Tables I dropped the more I got. It seems best just to leave them alone as they aren't problematic. Though I can't get one of them to drop no matter what I try (Table "FIDT").

As for the boot GPE errors they only hang when Thunderbolt is enabled in Bios. They exist but they fly by. It reminds me of a time when @Elias64Fr helped me with with a patch for TBTonPCH due to an extreme slow boot.

Update: Disabled an instance of GPE.DTIN to resolve it.

Last edited:
Back