Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Unfortunately, I'm using both M.2 sockets for an NVMe drive.
I do have a Gigabyte, z690i Aorus.
If this is the case, how come Bluetooth works?

Here are the adapter properties.
Still fails with Code 10, I believe I have the wrong driver.
View attachment 536478
The slot is PCI. Try the driver I sent to you.

Attachments

• Z690I AORUS ULTRA.png
    Z690I AORUS ULTRA.png
    412.4 KB · Views: 57
Hi there.

Not 100% sure but if your motherboard is Gigabyte then the wireless card slot may be locked to CNVI-only. If ASUS then it should be okay in an adapter.

If you have an m.2 socket, front or back, you may be able to use that instead and disable the Intel.

Happy to be proved wrong.

I have a Gigabyte (Z690 Aorus Elite AX) and replaced by BCM94360NG. Works perfectly! :)

The slot is PCI. Try the driver I sent to you.
It installed successfully but the device still fails to start with code 10.
After reading about this code, people are saying that it may be the wrong driver.

Tried booting Linux, getting the same result: Bluetooth works and WIFI does not.
I wonder If I got a faulty unit?
If not, is there a different module I can order?

I have a Gigabyte (Z690 Aorus Elite AX) and replaced by BCM94360NG. Works perfectly! :)

Good to know.

Did you just replace the actual card or use one in a PCIe adapter?

Last edited:
It installed successfully but the device still fails to start with code 10.
After reading about this code, people are saying that It may be the wrong driver.

Tried booting linux, getting the same result, bluetooth works and WIFI does not.
I wonder If I got a faulty unit?
If not, is there a different module I can order?

Did you replace the WiFI module? or connected the new one to an available m.2 slot?

Did you replace the WiFI module? or connected the new one to an available m.2 slot?
I replaced... removed Intel AX 201 and installed Fenvi.

For Windows, I used this drivers. (I get from boot camp assistant in macOS.)

Attachments

• Fenvi BCM94360.zip
    15.4 MB · Views: 48
Mad Scientist proposal 2 to activate all cores with CpuTopologySync (waiting for Acidanthera's monthly message…):
What if the SSDT only defines processors with the processor-id that are used by the actual cores and threads?
Here are SSDT-PLUG-ALT-E for 12700K and 12900K (8P), SSDT-PLUG-ALT-E-12600K for 6P+4E; these replace SSDT-PLUG-ALT (or SSDT-CPUR-Z690 and SSDT-PLUG).

Now we have 6 + 4 + 4 = 14 (0x0E) cores. Multiply by 2 for total threads = 28 (0x1C).

This at least allows macOS to boot, but the result is unchanged from before. We still get 16 threads total with 2 being uninitialized.
Thanks for this information. This suggests that the counter which limits the number of active processors is not covered by these patches.

Attachments

• SSDT-PLUG-ALT-E-12600K.aml
    1.1 KB · Views: 42
  • SSDT-PLUG-ALT-E.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 53
I replaced... removed Intel AX 201 and installed Fenvi.

For Windows, i used this drivers (i get from boot camp assistant in macOS).

How did you install the Fenvi card?

How did you install the Fenvi card?

I disassembled the fairing that is above it with the VRMs heatsink - there are 2 or 3 screws on the other side of the board and it loosens everything, then the board is inside, just remove it and replace it with Fenvi.

Back