Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Hey @Elias64Fr! Good news. I just unplugged the hack to install another fan, at reboot aqc113 started to work with the settings you provided. Thanx again man.
I have 1 more step to conclude de alder installation and your the man for this job. :) USB and Thunderbolt hot plug in 690. I can see all Thunderbolt tree but if I insert something it reboot. Also on cold boot if computer intent to use something already attached, it reboots. If I can help with this issue, just ask. Best regards!
@StefanAM

If you have some time, could you test this SSDT in place of your current OpenCore Devices properties patch for AQC113C ?
Assuming that you already have DTGP methods for _DSM properties injection. You should also keep current Kernel patch.
To disable current properties for AQC113C, you only have to add # at beginning of path like #PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(...

Attachments

• SSDT-Aquantia-AQC113C.aml
    287 bytes · Views: 74
noticed many ppl chose Gigabyte Z690 Aero D DDR4 board. However, I don't need thunderbolt 4 and I would rather have 2 extra PCIe x1 slots.
It's the Aero G as in Gold. The Aero D is a DDR5 board. The Aero G doesn't come with onboard TH4 ports, you need an add in card. That's why it costs only $289. I would pick the G over the UD AX. There's a whole Golden Build now dedicated to that board. All the work is done to show you how to install and boot macOS Big Sur or Monterey. Use the provided EFI folder and you get a working build. Simple.

Last edited:
@StefanAM

If you have some time, could you test this SSDT in place of your current OpenCore Devices properties patch for AQC113C ?
Assuming that you already have DTGP methods for _DSM properties injection. You should also keep current Kernel patch.
To disable current properties for AQC113C, you only have to add # at beginning of path like #PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(...
@StefanAM

I've changed PCI0 to PC00 in this version:

Attachments

• SSDT-Aquantia-AQC113C.aml
    287 bytes · Views: 83
It's the Aero G as in Gold. The Aero D is a DDR5 board. The Aero G doesn't come with onboard TH4 ports, you need an add in card. That's why it costs only $289. I would pick the G over the UD AX. There's a whole Golden Build now dedicated to that board. All the work is done to show you how to install and boot macOS Big Sur or Monterey. Use the provided EFI folder and you get a working build. Simple.
Thanks for the correction. Besides Aero G being the golden build, is there any particular features that makes it better than the UD AX? I can see that it has 1 more M.2 slot, but it also lacks 2 PCIe x1 slots. Not to mention it's $70 more expensive.

Thanks for the correction. Besides Aero G being the golden build, is there any particular features that makes it better than the UD AX? I can see that it has 1 more M.2 slot, but it also lacks 2 PCIe x1 slots. Not to mention it's $70 more expensive.
I'll defer to @CaseySJ to answer that as he owns one and has direct experience of a few weeks to share on that topic.

Last edited:
@StefanAM

Hi @Elias64Fr! Like Casey said, in my case, I needed to change PCI0 to PC00. And it works, man. Good job! And the connection is done much before (during the boot) in comparation with patched proprieties.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    785.2 KB · Views: 124
** Reboot After Second Wake-from-Sleep Has Been Fixed **

After patching two ACPI tables on Gigabyte Z690 Aero G, the system is now able to sleep and wake properly each time. This is being posted after the 3rd consecutive wake-from-sleep.

The two patches for most Gigabyte Z690 boards are as follows:

Patch 1: Table IgfxSsdt
  • Table Signature: SSDT
  • OemTableID: 49676678 53736474
  • Find: 4D435F5F
  • Replace: 4D434843
  • Comment: Change MC__ to MCHC
  • Count = 0
  • Limit = 0
  • Skip =0
  • Enabled = True
Patch 2: Table GSWApp
  • OemTableID: 47535741 7070
  • Find: 43031419 41444247
  • Replace: 43031419 58444247
  • Comment: Change ADBG to XDBG
  • Count = 1
  • Limit = 0
  • Skip = 0
  • Enabled = True
After making these changes, the boot log looks much better:
Code:
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI:
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) 23 ACPI AML tables successfully acquired and loaded
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform)
These changes will be added to V4 of the EFI to be uploaded to Z690 Aero G build guide soon.
Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 3.47.09 AM.png

I had the same issue on my laptop, disabled TPM in my BIOS solved that one. not saying that would solve your issue as completely different hardware....

After patching two ACPI tables on Gigabyte Z690 Aero G, the system is now able to sleep and wake properly each time. This is being posted after the 3rd consecutive wake-from-sleep.

The two patches for most Gigabyte Z690 boards are as follows:

Patch 1: Table IgfxSsdt
  • OemTableID: 49676678 53736474
  • Find: 4D435F5F
  • Replace: 4D434843
  • Comment: Change MC__ to MCHC
  • Count = 0
  • Limit = 0
  • Skip =0
  • Enabled = True
Patch 2: Table GSWApp
  • OemTableID: 47535741 7070
  • Find: 43031419 41444247
  • Replace: 43031419 58444247
  • Comment: Change ADBG to XDBG
  • Count = 1
  • Limit = 0
  • Skip = 0
  • Enabled = True
After making these changes, the boot log looks much better:
Code:
These changes will be added to V4 of the EFI to be uploaded to Z690 Aero G build guide soon.
View attachment 535266
Excellent. I wonder if gigabyte z590 needs a similar patch, as those boards have similar reboot after wake from sleep problems as well.

Excellent. I wonder if gigabyte z590 needs a similar patch, as those boards have similar reboot after wake from sleep problems as well.
If you can do this on Z590, I can take a look:
Bash:
log show --last boot | grep AppleACPI > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
bootlog.txt will be created in Documents folder. Simply post that file.

Back