Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

If you can do this on Z590, I can take a look:
Bash:
log show --last boot | grep AppleACPI > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
bootlog.txt will be created in Documents folder. Simply post that file.
I will have to load a different bios to do so… the one I’m using doesn’t have the reboot on wake from sleep issue. But the public f5 and f6 have this issue. I will get to it later and report back.

** Reboot After Second Wake-from-Sleep Has Been Fixed **

After patching two ACPI tables on Gigabyte Z690 Aero G, the system is now able to sleep and wake properly each time. This is being posted after the 3rd consecutive wake-from-sleep.

The two patches for most Gigabyte Z690 boards are as follows:

Patch 1: Table IgfxSsdt
  • Table Signature: SSDT
  • OemTableID: 49676678 53736474
  • Find: 4D435F5F
  • Replace: 4D434843
  • Comment: Change MC__ to MCHC
  • Count = 0
  • Limit = 0
  • Skip =0
  • Enabled = True
Patch 2: Table GSWApp
  • Table Signature: SSDT
  • OemTableID: 47535741 7070
  • Find: 43031419 41444247
  • Replace: 43031419 58444247
  • Comment: Change ADBG to XDBG
  • Count = 1
  • Limit = 0
  • Skip = 0
  • Enabled = True
After making these changes, the boot log looks much better:
Code:
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI:
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI:
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) 23 ACPI AML tables successfully acquired and loaded
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) 23 ACPI AML tables successfully acquired and loaded
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform)
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform)
These changes will be added to V4 of the EFI to be uploaded to Z690 Aero G build guide soon.
View attachment 535266
Trying to apply this patch manually but table signature is a ‘Data’ field and is expecting a hexadecimal value, not a string. But SSDT in hex is 53534454. So I’ll try that and see if it works.

Trying to apply this patch manually but table signature is a ‘Data’ field and is expecting a hexadecimal value, not a string. But SSDT in hex is 53534454. So I’ll try that and see if it works.
Use OpenCore Configurator. It’s time to get over old prejudices! :)

Use OpenCore Configurator. It’s time to get over old prejudices! :)
I can confirm that this patch fixes sleep! And an added side effect or bonus, Maple Ridge survives sleep and comes back!

I still need to apply your modified Maple Ridge SSDT to see if hot plug works. Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Yep! Like I told you. I'm a little bit slow.
With 3-5 header connected I have nothing in IOREG. Nothing, nothing. On z390, I had TB tree with 3-5 pin.
@Elias64Fr, please don't forget me.......................

If you can do this on Z590, I can take a look:
Bash:
log show --last boot | grep AppleACPI > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
bootlog.txt will be created in Documents folder. Simply post that file.
This is from a Gigabyte z590 Aorus Master

Attachments

• bootlog.txt.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 48
@StefanAM

If you have some time, could you test this SSDT in place of your current OpenCore Devices properties patch for AQC113C ?
Assuming that you already have DTGP methods for _DSM properties injection. You should also keep current Kernel patch.
To disable current properties for AQC113C, you only have to add # at beginning of path like #PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(...
@Elias64Fr I had a hunch but now it is a confirmation. If you reset NVRAM or you have a crash on another OS, AQC113C may not connect anymore. It start but it has no connection to network. To restart functionality, you have to completely shut down the hack, unplug the power and press start button to completely drain de electricity. After that AQC113C will start again.

I can confirm that this patch fixes sleep! And an added side effect or bonus, Maple Ridge survives sleep and comes back!

I still need to apply your modified maple ridge ssdt to see if hotplug works. Thanks so much.
Awesome about Maple Ridge! We may need to use V5 of SSDT without renaming _PTS(). Will try when I finish this here latté at downtown coffee shop.

Awesome about Maple Ridge! We may need to use V5 of SSDT without renaming _PTS(). Will try when I finish this here latté at downtown coffee shop.
So I haven't even tried your new SSDT yet, and I just hot plugged a Caldigit 10 Ggbe Ethernet device (with JHL6340 inside) on Maple Ridge in macOS on z690! And it comes up!

This is the first time ever I've had hot plug with any Tthunderbolt device in macOS with Maple Ridge on a Gigabyte z590/z690 board! This is with the 'Change MC__ to MCHC' and 'Change ADBG to XDBG' patches applied. Using the TB hot plug SSDT from z490, (adapted to remove device HRUS).

I haven't even applied the class code patch to change the Maple Ridge device ID to Titan Ridge (as directed by @Elias64Fr), so I am just using the stock Maple Ridge device ID pci8086,1137.

This screenshot shows device removal, and hot plugged addition.

1637597171821.png

Last edited:
So I haven't even tried your new SSDT yet, and I just hot plugged a Caldigit 10 Ggbe Ethernet device (with JHL6340 inside) on Maple Ridge in macOS on z690! And it comes up!

This is the first time ever I've had hot plug with any Tthunderbolt device in macOS with Maple Ridge on a Gigabyte z590/z690 board! This is with the 'Change MC__ to MCHC' and 'Change ADBG to XDBG' patches applied. Using the TB hot plug SSDT from z490, (adapted to remove device HRUS).
Okay, this qualifies as an OMG moment! :)

Back