Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Hi, here is my final verdict to the topic GA-Z690-GAMING-X-DDR4:

I got everything running smooth, and, so far, I could test no issues with ONE exception:
- For any reason my GC-Titan-RIDGE-2.0 show up in ioRegExplorer, but is not really available in System Report; neither under PCI nor Thunderbolt at all...I tried NVRAM reset, swapping PCIe slots - nothing seem to help.

In Win 11 no issues whatsoever - no matter what PCIe slot I use.

Looks like I am missing out something crucial. But, honestly, I am new to OC, and I am kinda lost and could need a hint or help of any kind. Maybe I am missing out a DSDT, or something like that.

Except of this issue this builds runs like crazy - even my GB5 results outmatch those of Win11 by a small margin.

Attachments

• Kay’s iMac Pro ioREg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • EFI-077-PRE- Z690-Gaming-X-DDR4.zip
    44.3 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Hey guys, I've managed to install Monterey 12.1 on my Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X (DDR 4 one) with i7-12700K. However, since I have BIOS F6 version installed, I discovered weird noise coming out from CPU sector on motherboard. I've found information in Internet that disabling CPU C1E State (Enhanced Halt State) can help. I've changed this setting in BIOS. In Windows and the BIOS itself this weird noise does not occur anymore. But... in hackintosh it is still beeping :D

Any idea how to fix this?
Hi, you can share the EFI? Thanks.

Hi, here is my final verdict to the topic GA-Z690-GAMING-X-DDR4:

I got everything running smooth, and, so far, I could test no issues with ONE exception:
- For any reason my GC-Titan-RIDGE-2.0 show up in ioRegExplorer, but is not really available in System Report; neither under PCI nor Thunderbolt at all...I tried NVRAM reset, swapping PCIe slots - nothing seem to help.

In Win 11 no issues whatsoever - no matter what PCIe slot I use.

Looks like I am missing out something crucial. But, honestly, I am new to OC, and I am kinda lost and could need a hint or help of any kind. Maybe I am missing out a DSDT, or something like that.

Except of this issue this builds runs like crazy - even my GB5 results outmatch those of Win11 by a small margin.
You'll need a Thunderbolt SSDT in order to enable hot plug. This can be done as follows:
Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 11.26.05 AM.png

• Then click the green Download button.
  • Add the file to OC/ACPI folder and to the ACPI section of config.plist
  • Reboot

You'll need a Thunderbolt SSDT in order to enable hot plug. This can be done as follows:
View attachment 538445
  • Then click the green Download button.
  • Add the file to OC/ACPI folder and to the ACPI section of config.plist
  • Reboot
Casey, you're the man !
Shows up nicely in System report now in the PCI section and is ready for testing next week, when my mobile audio interface is back in the house :D

sure, here it is.
Thanks for EFI. I have GPU RX 5500 XT, Z690-UD DDR4 and an i9-12900K. I run this EFI, and I have lrgacy shim 2. I change USB but the same problem. Maybe you know what I need to do? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220104_221703.jpg
    20220104_221703.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Do Adobe apps work with all cores and all threads enabled and AVX-512 disabled? I thought Adobe Apps in Mac OS had issues without AVX-512?
I believe the apps can open initially without it? But for me AVX-512 certainly has to be enabled if you want the full functionality.

Back