Contribute
Register

Yosemite sleep/wake problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to: http://ispire.me/fix-yosemite-rtc-alarm-wakeup-issue/ There is a simple fix to the issue.

"I was playing around with the same issue one more time and disabled the date/time automatic sync and timezone detection on my Macbook.
Date & Time > Disable/Uncheck: Set date and time automatically
Time Zone > Disable/Uncheck: Set time zone automatically using current location"

It works for me. Remember after adjusting to restart your hack and you are ready to go and the sleep works.

i can confirm that --no-multicast solved all my sleep/wake problems with a Z87N-WIFI board in yosemite. i haven't restarted the computer in a week, and every time it wakes just fine.

side effects: it seems that when multicast is disabled, i cannot connect to my SMB shares any more.
i still can connect via FTP, so, since the wake/sleep issue is way more annoying, i am keeping it like this.

cheers

This change helped my computer sleep but I also had to revert the changes since unfortunately a few really nice features rely on multicast including AirPlay, Wireless sync for iPhones/iPads and AppleTV to computer communications. If you don’t care about these then you are ok but would not consider this a true fix.

Another ga-z77x-ud5h clover-build, BIOS version F14, Clover version r3113.

Try to fix my hack's sleep/wake problem by disable hibernate mode, not work.
So I replaced OsxAptioFix with OsxAptioFix2 to enable hibernate mode.
The problem looks solved, and WoL seems to work (when shutdown, router's LEDs still flashing).

Hope this will help.

I have the same motherboard as well and am using OsxAptioFix2.efi with Clover v2999 but still having the sleep issue so am guessing it's something else. I am hesitant to upgrade the version of Clover since I have spent so much damn time messing with this and have a fully functional system besides the sleep issue. I will update if I can find out what causing this. I am suspecting something multicast related since the --disable-multicast change will work but that also breaks Airplay and other services that rely on that.

Cant wake from sleep. Fresh install via Unibeast/Multibeast

H97-D3h board.

nothing seems to respond when it goes to sleep

have to reboot. is this still a huge issue?

This change helped my computer sleep but I also had to revert the changes since unfortunately a few really nice features rely on multicast including AirPlay, Wireless sync for iPhones/iPads and AppleTV to computer communications. If you don’t care about these then you are ok but would not consider this a true fix.

Agree.

it worked for me, since i am not using any of those features in this computer.
But if you need them, it's a deal breaker. I would not consider it a fix either. Just a workaround that may work for some people until Apple (hopefully) releases a proper fix.

i'm updating my previous post with all the side effects.

just upgraded to 10.10.2, and it seems that the RTC wake issue has been fixed.. :thumbup:

Same here as well :D - the RTC problem was fixed for me. However, when I wake up the computer from sleep, I still have a black/dark screen, with the displays not being active., but the USB from the keyboard and mouse being responsive to wake up the computer from sleep.

FYI standbydelay, standby and hibernate mode are 0 for me, and I used rehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI kext.

Same here as well :D - the RTC problem was fixed for me. However, when I wake up the computer from sleep, I still have a black/dark screen, with the displays not being active., but the USB from the keyboard and mouse being responsive to wake up the computer from sleep.

FYI standbydelay, standby and hibernate mode are 0 for me, and I used rehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI kext.

Update: Dark screen wake was fixed by deleting NullCPUPowerManagement for me :headbang:

Hello every one ! Theres alot of great advice here, thank you all. Ive read most of the pages here over the last few days but not seeing my issues persay.

When I wake my system up from deep sleep ( after a few hours ) My USB ports stop working. Mouse / Keyboard
I would happen all the time until I disabled USB3 on the motherboard. Now every once in awhile or after deep sleep. Only way to get them to work is a Hard reset.

Any help would be most greatful !!!! Ive been trying to get this build to a 100% for 3 weeks now.

* 10.10.2 Clover 3142 - ncpi=0x2000, Darkwake=0 ndrv_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 ( ALC898 Script added this)
* drivers64UEFI - EmuVariableUefi-64.efi,FSInject-64.efi,HFSPlus-64.efi,OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi,VBoxHfs-64.efi
*E/C/K/10.10 AppleIntelE1000e.kext, FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, VoodooTSCSync.kext, realtekALC.kext ( clover kext)
*S/L/E ApplePowerManagement.Kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back