Contribute
Register

Yosemite sleep/wake problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, how can I monitor/record what's going on while waking up, respectively what causes the reboot.

I'm really fed up with this problem...

Check the /var/log/system.log after reboot.

Disabling auto time-zone setting solved it for me.

Mine sleeps/wakes smoothly now, even after sleeping for hours.

Thanks! I think this fixed it for me, too, in my preliminary tests. Really appreciate it. I will report back if I notice anything fishy.

EDIT: Sound doesn't work after sleep. Not sure if I care since I use a USB interface (and I'd rather sleep work than sound!), but if I'm able to fix it I'll show what I did. Searching around now...

i'm on 10.10.1 CLOVER setup currently and i still haven't been able to get Wake On LAN (WoL) running -.-
the board is able to do so

it was working on 10.9. with chimaira!!

scenario 1:
when i boot into win8.1 and i shutdown the PC from win8.1 i'm able to start the PC via WoL (i also see the ethernet ports UP; at least in some kind of "waiting; listening" mode)

scenario 2:
when i boot to OSX and i shutdown the PC from OSX it shuts down both of my network interfaces (i don't see them UP on my router; mikrotik)
Wake on LAN from SLEEP works well.... but i want to BOOT it via Wake on LAN because SLEEP seems still buggy (not reliable)

i have tried to mess around with so many settings in clover configurator and with the drivers on the EFI partition ... i'm out of ideas how i could get this to work.

please help...

Any solution?

I have gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5.

Still the same problem here.
For some days disabling auto time-zone did it for me, but now again my computer sometimes won't wake up from sleep.
As far as I can see, the computer woke up before (as the status LED indicates) and maybe even isn't in standby. But I can't turn on the monitor...

Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Intel Z97
i5 4690S
16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600

I have a different problem...

my gears are as follow
i5-4460
GA-H97M-D3H V1.0
16G RAM
ASUS AMD HD7870
Micron M550 256G SSD + 500GB SATA2 HD
bcm94360cd WIFI + BT add-on card.
Yosemite 10.10.3 + clover bootloader

After installed Yosemite + clover bootloader, sleep and wake up both worked fine, when I select sleep, the monitor and computer power led and cpu fan went off instantly (hibernate mode 0) and no problem with wake up at all.

Recently, the sleep function becomes very strange, monitor goes off instantly, but computer power led and fan are still on for a while (10 to 20 seconds), then all goes off. after 1-3 seconds, the computer turn on again (power led and fan are on and monitor is still off) , again after 10 to 20 second, the system finally fall asleep, sometimes this process repeats several times before it fall asleep. But wake up function is no problem at all.

I have checked hibernate mode is still 0

Anyone can help me on this problem?

Thanks.

I have a different problem...

my gears are as follow
i5-4460
GA-H97M-D3H V1.0
16G RAM
ASUS AMD HD7870
Micron M550 256G SSD + 500GB SATA2 HD
bcm94360cd WIFI + BT add-on card.
Yosemite 10.10.3 + clover bootloader

After installed Yosemite + clover bootloader, sleep and wake up both worked fine, when I select sleep, the monitor and computer power led and cpu fan went off instantly (hibernate mode 0) and no problem with wake up at all.

Recently, the sleep function becomes very strange, monitor goes off instantly, but computer power led and fan are still on for a while (10 to 20 seconds), then all goes off. after 1-3 seconds, the computer turn on again (power led and fan are on and monitor is still off) , again after 10 to 20 second, the system finally fall asleep, sometimes this process repeats several times before it fall asleep. But wake up function is no problem at all.

I have checked hibernate mode is still 0

Anyone can help me on this problem?

Thanks.

Check in system.log through console.app for wake reason

Check in system.log through console.app for wake reason

Thanks for your reply.

It seems the problem is caused by wake reason glan xhc

After a lot of google search, I reviewed my bios settings, I found XHCI hand off is enable, but EHCI hand off is disable, so I changed it to enable, problem solved.

Thanks for your reply.

It seems the problem is caused by wake reason glan xhc

After a lot of google search, I reviewed my bios settings, I found XHCI hand off is enable, but EHCI hand off is disable, so I changed it to enable, problem solved.

Good to hear from you.

Hello again!

I was trying to find a good point to start troubleshooting my wake problem with my computer on yosemite. The display will sleep/wake fine but not the computer. You mentioned trying the bootflag darkwake=0, ill try that but is there any way to find a log of the errors or trace the problem besides just trying things? Ive also seen someone talk about using darkwake=10?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back