Contribute
Register

Yosemite sleep/wake problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice find... works for me!

Everything worked without a problem on Mavericks. Now, when I try to put the computer in sleep mode the only thing that happens is that the screen goes black. The computer itself is not going into sleep mode. It just keeps running with a black screen. When I try to get the screen back, it stay's black and I have to reboot before I have monitor input again. Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks!

Specs:

-Motherboard: MSI MS-7613
-CPU: Intel i7 860
-GPU: GTX 260
-RAM: 6GB

Did you ever find a solution for this? I tried all of the suggestions in this post and can't get this exact scenario to go away. I didn't have this issue originally on Yosemite. I tried upgrading to El Capitan with my laptop and it started this and I couldn't get it to stop. Then I tried going back to Yosemite and still couldn't get it to work right.

Did you ever find a solution for this? I tried all of the suggestions in this post and can't get this exact scenario to go away. I didn't have this issue originally on Yosemite. I tried upgrading to El Capitan with my laptop and it started this and I couldn't get it to stop. Then I tried going back to Yosemite and still couldn't get it to work right.

Checking SuspendOverride in Clover under Acpi fixed the black screen issue for me. Then I had an issue with instantly waking a couple seconds after sleep. I checked SlpSmiAtWake and that solved the instant wake.

im having similar issues..

machine goes into sleep but when it turns off it start up again instantly.. i can use the machine without restarting.. :(

using Asus Sabertooth z87 with intel 4770k and also sis DSDT free install

Did you find a fix for this? Exactly the problem I'm undergoing on El Capitan?

How do I remove GenericUSB kext? Can't find it even on the EFI partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back