NVIDIA GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys!

I tore my PC down to the Case and rebuilt it with a new MB, CPU, RAM, Video Card, and Power Supply. I am Making a Step By Step Install guide for my install. I'm hoping that my guide will help someone else with this Motherboard and Video Card.
Here are the components in my build

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590
MB: ASRock Z97 Anniversary
Ram: HyperX KHX1866C10D3/8G (16gb)
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Video: EVGA SSC ACX 2.0 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

I will update this tomorrow evening with my Progress (or Hopeful Progress) about this install and with the problems I run into. Please let me know if there is anything you would like specifics on.:beachball:

UPDATE!!!

Well I can say I am up and Running on 10.10.3 now. Audio is working now and So is video. Only thing that doesn't work is iMessage but i'm not worried about that. gonna dabble around with this for a while. It's all on it's own dedicated HD so that isn't an issue.

When first installing flags: -x -v -nv_disable=1 IGPEnabler=No Maxmem=4096 -no-zp

After installed, things were VERY SLOW because of the graphics. I was doing all of this with the GTX 970
as my video card. I was connected to the DVI. (not sure if that will make any difference for anyone else.)

Once I was installed and booted in using the same flags again, Ran multibeast with the options below. Then installed the Nvidia Driver, rebooted with the flags -x -v IGPEnabler=No Maxmem=4096 -no-zp

once I verified graphics were working I ran Multibeast again to enable 1080p Display Mode under the CUSTOMIZE menu.

removed all my flags except for the following: kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1 PCIRootUID=1

Things I needed in MultiBeast:

DRIVERS

AUDIO
Realtek ALC887 (Current V100302),
Audio ID: 2.

Network
Intel AppleE1000e v3.1.0a

Disk
Intel Generic AHCI SATA

MISC
EvOreboot
FackeSMC v6.14.1364
USB 3.0 Universal

CUSTOMIZE
PCI Root ID Fix
IGPEabler=No
Hibernate Mode - Desktop

Hope this Helps.

Jeremiah

Last edited:
So, I was able to get it to boot ONCE with the -x -v -f -nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No flags. after I installed multi beast it wouldn't boot at ALL. Not sure what to do at this point. Trying to do a NEW clean install now

Will take screen shots with my iphone and post as I can. I thought this would be easier with the DSDTFree install but this is worse then my p6t se mobo install was :(

So, I was able to get it to boot ONCE with the -x -v -f -nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No flags. after I installed multi beast it wouldn't boot at ALL. Not sure what to do at this point. Trying to do a NEW clean install now

Will take screen shots with my iphone and post as I can. I thought this would be easier with the DSDTFree install but this is worse then my p6t se mobo install was :(

Run multinbeast with limited options which are mandatory required for booting. Once you got a stable bootable system (Without USB support) then try to enable remaining features like Audio,Ethernet,etc.

Also search in this forum with your motherboard model number, so that you may get someone's build guide with proper multibeast settings.

Good Luck...!

Run multinbeast with limited options which are mandatory required for booting. Once you got a stable bootable system (Without USB support) then try to enable remaining features like Audio,Ethernet,etc.

Also search in this forum with your motherboard model number, so that you may get someone's build guide with proper multibeast settings.

Good Luck...!

I've got good news!!! and some bad :( I'm up and running on 10.10.3 with the nvidia drivers working. Can't get audio on the ALC887 to work tho :( It's not showing up for Audio output in the system device list

Any Ideas?

I have the Z97 Anniversary, an i7-4790K and a MSI GTX 970 Video card w/ 4GB. Dual Booting Windows 8.1 and Yosemite. This started with a lucky open box version of the iBuyPower NE783K. I mostly followed Borisnet's build in which he used a Xeon.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...3-16gb-ssd-256gb-gtx970-dual-dvi-monitor.html

With the Video things went poorly, I was having to boot with nv_disable=1 and couldn't get further because the web NVidia drivers would refuse to install, some claimed they needed 10.10.2, others said they couldn't install on 10.10.2. Finally found a reference to 343.02.02b04, downloaded it, and that one installed.

At this point everything but the WiFi USB dongle seems to work. The 5 button "gaming mouse" has extra buttons mapped to things like bringing up LaunchPad using Better Touch Tool.

I have amplified speakers connected to the green center jack on the MB. That jack maps to "Internal speaker" in system prefs, and identifies as "Apple" in System Report. Working fine, even responds to the keyboard's volume keys

But sound doesn't come back after sleep. I found KextHelper b7 and installed RehabMan's CodecCommander. It was looking good at first but in the end sound is not recovering from sleep states. I'm having to boot into Windows 8.1 to have sound realiable.

Eager to hear what else might help, now trying another source of CodecCommander.kext.

I didn't realize at first that you had to manually edit the plist. Given that I didn't, it's perhaps natural that it didn't help.

Given the very specific MB that the OP and I are dealing with, one that was on your Buyer's Guide, is there perhaps a more specific solution than a 2014 post enumerating 4 potential approaches on all sorts of hardware going back to 10.9.2?

I installed 10.10.3 as well, followed your update notes, but now Sound shows no audio output devices at all, though in System Report it shows 2 entries for Intel High Definition Audio with Audio ID: 2. You DID mean one should add the Optional HDA Enabler with ID 2 to the Realtec 887 entry in MultiBeast's Drivers tab? Is your sound coming back alive after Sleep? Hey, there's no AppleHDA.kext in SLE! Is that normal?

I installed 10.10.3 as well, followed your update notes, but now Sound shows no audio output devices at all, though in System Report it shows 2 entries for Intel High Definition Audio with Audio ID: 2. You DID mean one should add the Optional HDA Enabler with ID 2 to the Realtec 887 entry in MultiBeast's Drivers tab? Is your sound coming back alive after Sleep? Hey, there's no AppleHDA.kext in SLE! Is that normal?

Each OS X update will replace the AppleHDA.kext with new one. So after update you have to install your patched AppleHDA.kext again to get the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back