Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, after a time with no issues, some issues have begun to appear today. First it was the image blinking on and off on my HDMI port (about 3 seconds on/1 second off/then back on with some green artifacts when the screen would go on and off) - 3 total monitors, 2 monitors on DisplayPorts work fine). The HDMI had issues on multiple monitors with multiple cables that I tried. With one monitor, it did not blink off completely, but it did a bright flash about every 3 seconds. Anyway, there was no stopping it until I rebooted and the problems with the blinking HDMI ceased, but now I am getting crashes/kernel panics/reboots about every hour. I have included copies of the crash log text (the one where it asks you to send to Apple) as well as today's library/logs files below if anyone can make sense of them. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Crashes.zip
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 7
Motherboard
Prime X299-A
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Why moderators keep deleting my posts about macOS 11.0 even now that's available in PUBLIC beta? Just asking...

djlild7hina

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
AMD RX 5700 XT
Why moderators keep deleting my posts about macOS 11.0 even now that's available in PUBLIC beta? Just asking...

I don't think the public beta is out yet?

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Edition 30
CPU
I9-7900X
Graphics
GTX 1080 / Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok so a new BIOS for my motherboard is out 0702, I was able to patch the previous version after the advice from others, short of simply flashing it is there a way I can verify if the MSR lock is still borked in this version?

Motherboard
Prime X299-A
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ok so a new BIOS for my motherboard is out 0702, I was able to patch the previous version after the advice from others, short of simply flashing it is there a way I can verify if the MSR lock is still borked in this version?
Just disable it in BIOS and relative OC Quirks and see if it boots

djlild7hina

Retired
Motherboard
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
AMD RX 5700 XT

Just disable it in BIOS and relative OC Quirks and see if it boots

Yes, apparently it's fixed in this version so no need for patching.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370-HD3
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
with caseysj's generous help i understand what to do to dump the TB3 roms on my prime deluxe II. now i am waiting for parts from amazon.

so far not too much success - i dumped the rom and caseysj patched it. with the SSDTs loaded, my TB3 dock does work, but the TB3 ports only come alive if something is plugged in from cold boot, and hotplug doesn't work. he thinks maybe the firmware flash didn't actually enable anything new. he has an alternate patched fw for me to try but it takes me a while to get it done because i have to take the system apart to flash the memory - the flash chip is partially covered by the case.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370-HD3
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
given the problems i'm having with the titan ridge TB3 controller i have been thinking of downgrading bios on my asus prime deluxe II to 0802, which is the previous version, to see if anything improves.

does anyone know if the MSR lock is broken in 0802?

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299A
CPU
Intel i9 7900X
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX5700XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok, after 2 weeks of fighting i am giving into help. I had this system working perfect with clover and High Sierra rockin' for the last few years, until my girl decided she wanted to upgrade to catalina (which she did on her own) and killed the setup. Everything worked except for the Nvidia card which no longer had drivers. Since she is a graphic designer the video is the most important part for her high def monitors. So after lots of research it seemed like OpenCore was the way to go to get a good clean system running on the hardware but with a video card upgrade so here is what I have:
Asus Prime X299-A Mobo with Intel I219 Gb lan and Realtek S1220A audio
Intel i9-7900X
Fenvi 1200m "Broadcom"
Samsung 960EVO 1TB m.2
4x16Gb GSkill Trident Z
Gigabyte Radeon RX5700XT
H115i hydro cooler
Thermaltake toughpower 850
Thermaltake View 31 case
512 Gb Teamgroup (running Windows 10 Home)
I am doing opencore clean install following the guide
I am going to install Catalina 10.15.4
I have followed the guide to a T and have extensively studied
khronokernel/OpenCore-Asus-X299
I cant seem to get past a 4 line error when I boot up. I am going to continue to try and work this method, but if anyone has done a system close to this and can point me in the direction of a working EFI that i can study and adopt some of the things they used, it would be very helpful.
Thanks,

Will

djlild7hina

Retired
Motherboard
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
AMD RX 5700 XT
Ok, after 2 weeks of fighting i am giving into help. I had this system working perfect with clover and High Sierra rockin' for the last few years, until my girl decided she wanted to upgrade to catalina (which she did on her own) and killed the setup. Everything worked except for the Nvidia card which no longer had drivers. Since she is a graphic designer the video is the most important part for her high def monitors. So after lots of research it seemed like OpenCore was the way to go to get a good clean system running on the hardware but with a video card upgrade so here is what I have:
Asus Prime X299-A Mobo with Intel I219 Gb lan and Realtek S1220A audio
Intel i9-7900X
Fenvi 1200m "Broadcom"
Samsung 960EVO 1TB m.2
4x16Gb GSkill Trident Z
Gigabyte Radeon RX5700XT
H115i hydro cooler
Thermaltake toughpower 850
Thermaltake View 31 case
512 Gb Teamgroup (running Windows 10 Home)
I am doing opencore clean install following the guide
I am going to install Catalina 10.15.4
I have followed the guide to a T and have extensively studied
khronokernel/OpenCore-Asus-X299
I cant seem to get past a 4 line error when I boot up. I am going to continue to try and work this method, but if anyone has done a system close to this and can point me in the direction of a working EFI that i can study and adopt some of the things they used, it would be very helpful.
Thanks,

Will

What error are you running into? BIOS version, settings, EFI folder? Look at post one and I have a EFI that is pretty well setup to start with.